Chapter Twenty-Seven: Walking Away Is Never Easy

A/N: Chapter 27 folks. Here is the end. As you can see from the title. It sucked having to do this, but like I said, it's for the sake of the story and for Liam to grow. So don't abandon me yet, things get worse get before they get better. So stick with me. Enjoy!

------

Chapter Twenty-Seven: Walking Away Is Never Easy

Camilla:

I was singing along to Adele while I cooked and now dinner was ready, so I rushed to take a shower and get ready. I put on a floral blouse and jeans, then my black Keds.

Niall and Tori arrived early, and Liam still hadn't arrived. I began to worry, Liam is always on time. I told Niall and he rang Liam who didn't answer. Something must've come up with him, but wouldn't he have called me?

Niall and Tori and I sat down to eat without Liam. I kept hoping he would arrive any time, but he didn't show. I couldn't eat much; I was too worried about Liam. Where could he be? What if he was lying on a hospital bed? I rang a few hospitals asking and giving them Liam's description. He wasn't there, thank God! Niall and Tori left, although they didn't want to, I made them leave. About ten minutes after Tori and Niall left, I heard a knock on my door. I rushed to open,

"Niall, I don't..." I started but I saw Liam standing there. "Liam! Oh my god! Where have you been?!" I asked pulling him inside.

"I was home." He says.

"Liam, what's wrong?" I ask him because I know something is wrong, his face can't hide the fact that something happened.

"I'm fine. I'm sorry I missed out dinner date." He says looking at me.

"I don't care about the dinner date, I'm just glad you're alright." I say.

"I'm sorry I worried you." He says. He seems pensive and unlike himself.

"Liam, are you sure you're okay?" I ask him again.

"Yeah, I just have some things on my mind." He states sitting down on my couch.

"Like what?" I ask.

"It's...I don't know how to say this..." he trails off. I smile at him kindly then I walk to him and grab his hand in mine.

"Liam you can tell me anything, you know that right?" I say to him, to put him at ease.

"I know...it's just that... I don't know how to tell you." He says and looks at me sadly.

"Just say it." I say still smiling at him.

"Danielle came to see me today. That's why I missed out dinner date." He says rushing. The smile on my face feels slapped away. I take a breath in,

"Okay, what did she want?" I ask making sure I keep my voice even. My stomach hurts because I'm scared it might be bad news.

"She told me she still loves me and she wants me back." he says, I stare at him but he avoids my eyes.

"Oh...um...okay." I say not knowing what to say.

"And she kissed me." He says to me. I pull my hands from Liam and he looks so sad. Danielle kissed him?

"Did you kiss her back?" I ask tentively, I have to know or else it would haunt me.

"No! I pulled away." He says to me and I let go of the breath I didn't know I was holding.

"Thank God!" I whisper. I look at Liam, something is still off. "What else is bothering you?" I ask, scared of what the answer might be.

"She said some things that made me think." He says quietly, his back to me.