11

Joker's POV

Oh no, what have I done? The party was going better than I thought it would. Shane brought out the alcohol, and that's when everything went down hill. The drinks were passed around, and chugged immediately. I took one, and it was gone in a few minutes. One after the other, they slowly went away. Soon enough all the drinks were gone, and empty bottles were everywhere. I was on my third bottle, when I felt the pressure kick in. Looking around, I saw Delilah going upstairs. Did she not like the party? Why was she crying? I don't know what happened, but I'm not good when I'm stressed.

"Everyone out! Get the Hell out, before I kill you all!" I yelled.

That sent everyone into immediate panic. My workers know to leave when I'm angry. They know to not ask questions, or get in my way, because they know the consequences. They all fled the house, taking some of their things with them. I ran upstairs to cool off in my office. Walking in circles I tried to wrap my head around what I saw.

"Why would she be crying?" I mumbled to myself. "Did I do something, or did someone else do something? Did she not like her presents? Does she want to leave?! No, no, no, that can't happen. Not yet. I have to-"

"You okay?" A voice asked.

I stopped moving and looked up to see Delilah standing in the doorway with a concerned look on her face.

"What?" I asked not hearing her.

"I asked if you were alright."

I laughed at her question. Walking over to her, I saw her back up like she was scared of me.

"Why?" I asked.

"Why what?"

"Why don't you like me?"

"Who said that?"

"You make it obvious."

She looked at me confused, and when I asked her why she didn't like her presents she spit out the first thing that came to mind.

"Don't lie to me!"

I kept walking towards her until she had nowhere to go. I looked into her eyes, as placed my hands on her soft cheeks.

"Can't you see I just want to make you happy?"

"I'm confused." She said.

"Don't play dumb." I demanded.

"I'm not playing dumb, I'm seriously confused!"

My anger built up, and I struck. Turning around, I grabbed the first thing I saw; the beer bottle. It connect with the top of her head, sending her to the floor. As she looked up at me, she yelled.

"What the Hell was that for?!"

"What did you say?" I asked getting in her face after grabbing her throat and forcing her against the wall.

"Get off!" She yelled.

I saw the look in her eyes, and I didn't know what to do; I froze. I knew that look. The one she gave that jackass of a father when he hurt her. Like I said before, I froze. She stared up at me, and pushing me away, I didn't fight her. I backed up, just enough for her to get away from the wall. Next thing I know, she's running down the hall. I grabbed my knife off the desk, and trying to stop her, threw it at her. After realizing what I did, I regretted it immediately. I ran after her.

"Delilah!" I called out. "Delilah wait!"

When I got downstairs, I was too late. She was down the road already.

Delilah's POV

I can't believe that just happened. Did that just happen? Unbelievable. Just as I started to trust him, he has to go do something like that?! I have to admit, I didn't see that one coming. I was having a serious case of Deja vu. Walking down the street, with a bloody head, and something sharp in my back. Sound familiar at all? NO? You'll figure it out sooner or later.