A Friend

"Where were you?" They asked.

"Not now." I mumbled as I shook my head.

"Hmm? You were supposed to meet me at the warehouse hours ago." They asked again

I didn't make eye contact. I couldn't.

"Now isn't a good time, okay? Maybe we can-"

"Can what? Talk tomorrow? Are you going to blow that one off too? You said you would hold up your end of the deal, and you didn't! I never should have let you go! I should have killed you!"

He kept getting angrier, and angrier. I felt as if I was trapped in a box that was filling up with water. The more i tried to escape, the more poured in, and soon enough i would drown.

"Please," I begged looking down at the table. "You don't understand, i-"

"Listen, of you keep this up, there are going to be consequences. By my hand or not, they are going to come eventually, and you won't be able to stop them."

I wanted to cry, but I couldn't. Scratch that, I wouldn't. Not in front of him. Are you crazy? I might be weak now, but I'm not going to show it to anyone. That's the last thing I would do.

I could hear Daisy's faint voice in my head, but I just wanted to be alone, so I tried my best to block her out. I heard a very low 'sorry' before I lost it. I couldn't see anything. But then my vision came back, and my body continued to move...only thing was, I wasn't controling it.

Daisy's POV

"You better shut your mouth there Johnny boy, or you'll be sorry." I threatened, slamming both hands onto the table.

"Daisy what are you doing?" Delilah asked.

Sorry Delilah, but I'm not gonna sit here and watch him yell at you, for no reason.

"Daisy," He said smiling.

"The one and only."

"You shouldn't talk like that," He informed.

"What are you gonna do?" I asked. "You can't touch me."

"Not you. But Delilah I can."

My anger began to boil again. Did he just threaten Delilah? Oh, it's on now bitch! No one does that!

"You wont touch her."

"No?" He asked.

"You need me."

"No I don't. I can just get one of my guys to go rob a store or something, to get the bat's attention."

"Why keep me around then? Youre not gonna go do something that low; You're too smart for that. You need me for something."

"Perhaps." He commented.

"I told you I will get the Batman for you, and I will. It hasn't even been twenty four hours since you let me go. I need to plan what I'm going to do."

"What's stopping you?" He asked

"Something....got in the way," I replied not wanting to say what. "Got sidetracked. But I'm working on it."

"What happened?"

"None of your damn business."

He nodded, thinking.

"You better watch what you say to me." He informed, placing his hands on the table, getting in my face. "I wouldn't push me if i were you. I could put you back where you were. You don't want that to happen, do you?"

"Go to Hell." I replied a little louder.

I grabbed the fork that was beside my plate, and before he could move, jabbed it into his hand. And with that, I stormed out of the restaurant.

As I got across the street, I began to walk through the alley. The darkness was beautiful. I was about to walk across the street, when a car sped around the corner.

"Uh oh." I mumbled.

Delilah's POV

I walked into the alley, not thinking. I didn't know what else to do. I got to the street over, and heard the tires again. I watched the car speed down the road, and stop a few feet away. Tears blurred my vision, so all I saw was a bright yellow light. They fell down my face, as I slowly began to cry. I held my hand up blocking the light, until they shut off.

The car door opened, and Joker stepped out. He had a confused and worried look on his face. I stood there with a sword in one hand, and a bag of belongings over my shoulder. It must have looked somewhat weird. Right?

"What happened?" He asked walking over to me.

Opening my mouth, I went to say something but the only thing that came out was tears. From my eyes. I just stood there, not saying anything. Sighing, I looked up at the moon, thinking of what to say.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"It- it's my dad," I choked out looking anywhere else but his face. "He's dead."

His face didn't change.

"You don't look surprised." I commented.

He just stared at me. I looked round thinking of something to say, then looked back at him with tears in my eyes.

"Please don't tell me you had something to do with this."

"Delilah, I-"

"Did you, or did you not have something to do with it?" I asked backing up.

"Delilah-"

"Answer the question." I demanded.

He gave me an 'oh-really-you're-doing-this-now?-unbelievable' look, as he walked around like he was thinking.

"Please."

"Yes." He said, raising his voice, talking over me.

I looked at him in surprise. Did he just say what I think he said?

"W-what?" I asked.

"I had something to do with it."

"Are you joking?"

He shook his head.

"No. I'm being completely serious."

"How-w-why?"

"He deserved it Delilah. We both know that. I was doing you a favor."

"When did you-?"

"Last night." He informed. "I thought you didnt come back yesterday because your father had gotten to you. I went to pay him a little visit- when I got there, I couldn't find you. He attacked me, and I defended myself. When I got the upper hand, I made my move."

"He cut his tongue out Dee.. that bad ass cut out that asshole ' tongue! Wow! Hes a keeper!" Daisy said.

"A-and what about his tongue?" I asked.

"What he did to you-what he called you... he deserved what happened to him Delilah. You have to understand didnt you hate him?"

I didn't say anything. I took a few steps forward, and wrapped my arms around his chest. He was taller than me, okay? Shut it.

"Thank you."

"Your not alone. You have a friend." He whispered in my ear, as he hugged back.

"I'm free."

I let the tears roll down my face. I let go, and wiped them away with my sleeve. I quickly placed a kiss on his cheek, before thanking him again.

"You missed one. " He informed wiping another tear away with his thumb.

Before I could say anything, he pulled my head, and smashed his lips onto mine. I was surprised at first, but eventually kissed back. A few seconds later, we pulled apart. He placed his forehead on mine, and looked into my eyes.

"Let's go home. " He said smiling.