The Mission Part 2

"De," Something buzzed in my ears. "Ade!.......Ade!"

My head was all fuzzy. My vision was blurry as I opened my eyes. I saw two blobs of dark green, and red in front of me. As my vision came clear, I saw it was Floyd and Rick. My ears were still ringing.

"Ade! De! Ade!" They said softly.

As I shook my head, there whispers became yelling.

"SPADE!"

"Delilah! Delilah!-

"Spade, can you hear me?!"

"Huh?" I asked still out of it.

"Can you hear me?!" Floyd yelled, kneeling in front of me.

"Yeah, yea- yes! Stop screaming! My god. I'm right here!" I said.

I was upside down. I guess my seat belt didn't break, or open. I went to grab my dagger, but Floyd had already shot the thing open. I fell up- or- down. I was upside down, so technically I fell down. Gravity pulls down. So yeah...I fell down. I thought it was up, because I was upside down, so i fell...up...yeah..

ANYWAY! I fell, and was caught, so I didn't hit my head on the roof of the chopper. Since the thing was on the roof/ upside down. Shut up! You understand what I'm getting at. Standing up, I looked for my dagger.

"Where's- thanks,"

Rick handed me my dagger before leading us out of the broken chopper.

"Guys we need help over here!"

Rick sped up, and so did I. I ran up past him to see what was up.

"What happened?"

"Look,"

I looked over the hood of a nearby car and saw these weird looking things. Human bodies, but none of their features looked human at all. They were all black, with what looked like eyes all over their heads. Just looking at them sent goosebumps down my arms.

"What the hell are those?" I asked looking at Rick.

"Those aren't human," Floyd joined in. "Atleast not anymore. What did you get us into?"

I walked away, over to the crocodile dude, who now was free to talk.

"Do I know you?" I asked standing next to him.

"Probably not.

"Did you use to go to Arkham?"

"Yeah. Use to. Before these chumps took me out, and put me in that prison. What about you?"

"Yeah. You remind me of an old friend. You might not be him. I knew him a few years ago. Before I was released."

"Delilah?" He asked. "Isn't that your name?"

"....it-...uh...it use to be."

"What changed?"

I thought about my answer, "I did."