26

After being brought back to my cell, I sat at the door, and listened to the other's conversations. It was mostly about the food they have here, and how they were starving. When I heard someone say the work 'escape' I looked towards them.

"Hahaha...." I laughed.

The talking stopped and I saw everyone turn to my cell.

"Sup?" I said.

"What are you laughing at?" One asked.

"Ahaha! You're never getting out of here," I informed, laughing, but then I got serious "Not all by yourself..."

"We've got a plan sweetheart. Been planning it for-"

"Years? Ha! Last time I checked, you were still here...so how's that plan working out for ya?"

Silence followed. I knew it. It was probably a terrible plan, that they had not gone over, but it was all they had. Getting up, I pressed my head against the bars, and watched six men walk down the hall towards our cells.

One by one, the doors opened, and we walked out. We were led by the five guys, and one female down the hall, and stopped at these white double doors. They were more gray, and a little pink than white, but still.

The one guy opened the door, and we were set free into the cafeteria. There were atleast twelve people there already, plus the- one, two, three four- ten of us, something was gonna happen...right? You can't expect twenty something crazy people to just get along in a small room.

I walked over to the long cart that had food in it, and gagged at what I saw. It was-the opposite of goodlooking. Or appetizing...it was gross. The cart had, maybe ten, fifteen little metal bins sitting on an old rusty piece of metal. Each one containing a different colored substance.

I grabbed a plate, and picking up a spoon, I dug it into the whatever the hell green stuff was, and plopped it onto my plate. As I reached for the jello-looking food-if you even want to call it that- and was hit with this horrible stench. It made my eyes water, it was so bad. I quickly plopped a glob of jello onto the plate, grabbed a spoon, and rmwalked over to an empty table. Sitting down, I glared at the food, disgusted. I tried the jello-looking thing, and luckily it was jello. I sighed in relief, as I placed the spoon down. The smell from whatever the hell that green stuff is had ruined my nose! I couldn't even see right.

I looked around, trying to get my vision straight, when I heard someone sit down next to me.

"Got something in your eye sweetheart?" A male voice asked.

Looking over, I saw a familiar face with whatever vision I still had. I pushed the plate of food off the table, making it splatter onto the floor. I looked over and met blue eyes.

"Eddie?" I asked surprised.

"Hey!"

Eddie was a good friend of mine when I first came here. He was weird at first, but I got use to it. He was the only one I trusted. He was always good at making me feel better when I wasn't myself. Of course when I was let out, I never got to see him again, but now here he is!

"You haven't changed a bit." I informed.

He laughed, nodding.

"I see you have though! What happened? I thought you were 'in the clear' as I remember you saying."

"Yeah. I was...but um...you know, things happened, and...well here I am!"

"For good?" He asked.

"That's what they say, but nah...I'll be out any day now."

"Do you have a plan?"

"No, I'm just gonna start kicking down doors, and run." I said sarcastically.