Bye Bye

My phone suddenly rang, terminating the silence. Taking the device out of my boot, I hit the answer button and lifted it to me ear.

"Hello?" I spoke only to be cut of with a loud coughing.

"I need to tell you something," a weak, male voice choked out.

I looked to the men around me before asking,"Who is this?"

"Just listen babe, please. I need you to listen...don't say anything."

"....oka?..."

"Hey there, Delilah...what's it's like in Gotham City?"

"I-"

"I'm a thousand miles away, baby girl... but tonight I know that you look so pretty...I know you do....t-time square can't shine as bright...a-as you....you know I'm sorry I wasn't there when I should have been. I- I was scared. I wasn't ready for the responsibility..."

"Who is this?" I asked again, feeling like I knew the answer.

"H-hey there Delilah, I know- trust me baby girl, I know times are gettin hard. Okay? But listen, just believe me girl someday you'll meet someone who will pay the bills with his guitar- you'll have it good....you'll have the life I knew you would. My word.... word Delilah... oh I'm so sorry I left when I did- I never should have. This is all my fault. We had no choice- that man threatened us. We did what was right for you Delilah. You gotta understand that...please...I'm so sorry..."

I fell to my knees, as I felt a tear run down my cheek and my vision blur , "Daddy?" I asked as I looked to my mother.

She reached out to me, and grabbed the phone, "P-put it on speaker baby girl."

I did as told before speaking again, "D-dad? Is that you?" The silence broke my heart, but it healed itself when his voice weakly spoke up again.

"Michael?" Mom called out cutting him off. "Oh my god, Michael! Are you okay?"

"I'm fine baby. I just- I need to tell our daughter something..."

"Go ahead," I spoke, falling quiet.

"There's a very b-bad man out there baby. Now I know you're careful...I know you stay away from that kind of stuff, but I need to make sure you're going to stay clear of it all. P-promise me you'll stay away from him..."

I looked to Floyd, and he looked to the floor. Turning back to the phone, I sighed and asked, "What's his name?"

"He's known for a lot murders,"

"Who is he?" I asked again.

"Michael, are you alright? You sound hurt," Mom spoke up again.

There wasn't a response for a god good minute and a half. We all looked at each other, as the silenced slowly creeper up on us.

"A man came into work earlier... looking for someone named Delilah. He had men, who killed all of my friends, and Co-workers. Luckily they didn't find me, until I had accidentally knocked a lamp over, as I tired to climb out the window... a man with a  really weird laugh, and green hair rush into th room with a knife...he asked me where you where, and when I didn't tell him... he stabbed me in the chest...listen to me you two. I dont know how I'm alive still, but I need to tell you teo something...-im-important. He's looking for you Delilah... if you see him... you need to run... promise me you'll run. He's a bad man who's done very bad things to innocent people."

"Daddy, I've done things too," I choked out remembering the body in my apartment. ".......That- That man...Thanks man that you left me with...H-he hurt me. He hurt me a lot. I couldn't take it- I- I couldn't take it anymore. I left, but when I came back... he was dead...I don't know what happened-I...I sta-"