Swimming On Saturdays

Harvey's pov
I wake up with Ella's face in mine. "No your taking my job!" I say as I turn towards the wall. "And this is for Monday." She says as she starts to roll over me. We both laugh then I pull her into a hug. "So what are we doing today?" I ask her as she gets off my bed. "Um we might go swimming but we might just stay home and rest." She says as I stand up from the bed. "Swimming sound like fun." I say. "Well first we have to get ready and eat something before we go." She says as she opens the door. "Well yeah." I says as I see Max running down the stairs in his swim trunks and shirt. "What time is it?" I ask as Ella laughs. "Oh just 10!" She says as she starts to run. I start running after her. I catch up with her. I turn in front of her. "Ahh!" She says as I turn. I pick her up and sling her over my shoulder. "Are you going to wake me up early tomorrow?" I ask. "Nope." She says. I start to bounce. "Ok fine I will." She says as she starts to laugh again.
• • •
I look out the window. I see a house with no pool that we are heading to. "Um were are we going?" Max asks like he read my mine. "Oh we always stop by my grandparent's house before we go swimming." Ella says as she turns around from the front seat. "Is papa going to be here mom?" She asks her mum as we pull in to the drive way. "I don't know. Let's hope not though." Her mum says as she turns off the car. We walk up to the house and knock on the door. "Hi Ella!" A mid aged lady hugging Ella. "Hi nanny!" She said as she stepped into the house. "You must be the Max and Harvey I have heard about!" The lady said as she came over to us. "Yes we are." I say as I walk in the door leaving Max behind. I walk into what looks like a kitchen. I see Ella standing there drinking water. "Can I have one?" I ask her. "Sure." She says throwing a water bottle at me. I catch it and open it. I drink a little then put it down. "Why did we stop here again." I ask her. "I don't really know."
• • •
The car stops again. "Here!" Says Ella's mum. I look out the window and saw blue water from the car. "You ready?" Ella asks as I step out of the car. "Yeah why?" I ask her. I see the door open to the house that is next to the pool. 2 big dogs come out and 2 little ones. "That's why." She said as she when't down on her knees and started to pet the dogs. The biggest dog came up to me. The smallest when't to Max. "Harvey that's Charlie. Max that's scooter." Ella's mum said as the other small dog when't up to her. "Ella's dog is Annie and her mom's is Gracie." Another lady's voice said that came from the house. "Kay Kay!" Ella yelled as she ran towards the house. Max got up from the ground and when't over to Ella. I got up to and ran towards her. "Hi I'm Harvey." I say to the lady Ella is hugging. "In Ella's aunt. You can call me Kay Kay." She says with a smile on her face. "I'm Max!" He says from behind me. "There my next-door neighbors in England." Ella tells her aunt. "Well it is nice to meet you Max and Harvey." She says as she goes back in her house. Ella and I hold hands and walk down to the pool. Max is behind us. Ella's mum is already there and in the pool. I turn around to Max. He smiles and already knows what I am about to do. Ella puts on her goggles and keeps walking. I pick her up. "Harvey?!" She yells while I start running. She starts to laugh. I throw her in the pool. She comes up laughing and swims to the edge of the pool. I walk over to some shade and put her shoes down. And take my own off. I take off my shirt and go to the edge of the pool. "Hi Harvey!" I hear Ella's voice from behind me. She pushes me in. And I fall in to the blue water laughing. She jumped right back in. "Don't leave me out!" Max says and then jumps in. We all 3 start laughing. "Let's do a race!" Ella says as she swims to the shallow part of the pool. "Ok." I say as I swim to her. "I'm in." Max says from behind me. "Ok stand right here and on 3 we go." She points to the steps we were supposed to use. "Ok. 1....2.....3!" She yelled and we took off. She swam as fast as a shark going after its prey. "Done." She says coming up from the water. Me and Max were still half way through. She laughed. "You guys are bad swimmers." She said as she laughed. "Yeah and you can't fly." I said as I picked her up again in the water. I threw her again. "Ahhh!" She yelled. Me and Max started to laugh. Max started swimming towards her. "My turn!" He said as he picked her up and threw her towards me. I picked her up and threw her again. We when't back and fourth. But she finally swam away. We all laughed.

956 words