Chapter Twenty-Four- Condolence and Crumbling

I walked upstairs to my apartment, letting Chen in. The boy absolutely refused to leave me alone until he was absolutely positive I wasn't going to do anything else crazy.

"You're missing school, Chen-shi," I mutter, getting a blanket to wrap myself in.

"It's fine," he smiles. "Right now you're my number one priority."

"Won't Max be upset?" I asked him, wrapping the blanket tightly over my body to cover myself.

"He'd understand." Chen sits on one of the couches, crossing his arms. He wasn't leaving until Baekhyun got here.

"You're not going to tell him, are you?"

"Dear God no, Rich-girl. Tell him that I drove the heir into a shady neighborhood and had her return practically naked, bruised, and almost raped? He'd kill me if he found out!"

I nodded, "True."

"Aish, when's Baekhyun going to get here? I sent him the text," Chen mumbled, checking his wristwatch.

Speaking of the devil, the door swung open to reveal a clearly stressed, panicked, and worried Baekhyun. His eyes were as wide as saucers, and he looked worn out.

Wait, did he get his regular driver to drive him? Because Chen is here with me. Don't tell me he... ran?

Baekhyun stared at me, studying my state. I covered up mostly what needed to be covered with the blanket, but my hair was a mess and I had a few bruises and cuts.

"Sarang-shi!" he gasped, running over to me. I winced, preparing for the scolding, but surprised when his warm arms enveloped around me, holding me tightly. The blanket from my shoulders fell, and I felt his body pressed against mine.

He buried his head in the crook of my neck, and I felt something wet. Was he... crying?

"I-I was so worried!" he stammered, choking back on tears.

He sounded the same way I did, back when I saw him with Taeyeon.

Chen got up, "At least you're here. I'll get going, keep an eye on her."

He shut the door behind him, and I could feel Baekhyun's heart beating frantically against mine. "M-Mianhae," he whispered.

"W-Wae? Why are you apologizing?" I asked.

"Because if you had died today, or gotten hurt, or... or anything! I-I wouldn't be able to forgive myself," Baekhyun stammered

"Baek..." I whispered. "It's alright, I'm not going anywhere."

"Promise?" he asked me, pulling back and looking into my eyes. That same intense stare, back on our first night together. I shifted my blazer a bit for more coverage, "Promise."

I turn, "Let me go change and then we can get back to school."

"MWO? Who said you're going back to school?!" Baekhyun gaped at me.

I raised an eyebrow, "Well, I shouldn't miss classes, should I?"

"You were attacked today! No way are you going back," he scolded. "You're staying here, I'm going to make you ramen, and we're going to sit down and watch a movie!"

I shake my head, "It's fine, I'm still in good condition. I can just get one of my spare uniforms..."

"I refuse!" he crossed his arms. "Now, change into your penguin PJ's, and pick out a movie!"

I mutter to myself, grabbing my blanket. "Jeez, so pushy."

"You're the one who's trying to go to school after you've been raped!" he yells after me, heading to the kitchen.