Chapter Forty-Four- Performance

It was finally the night for the Seoul Talent Competition, where our school could finally compete against the other schools.

We watched as the other schools put up their amazing performances, with curtains and batons and the works. By the time they were done showing off their amazing rappers, vocalists, and dancers, we were chewing on our nails in absolute nervousness.

We were the third to last act to go up, and we got up to our places.

They opened to reveal Xiumin, who was playing as the narrator for the beginning part of the performance. So far we were one of the few who were incorporating acting with our act.

The rest of us hid in the dark on stage as the spotlight was put on the handsome, and baozi, Xiumin. He gave a grim look as he stared at the people in the crowd.

"Bet you were expecting something a bit different, huh?" he smiled, raising his arms up. In response, he received some chuckles. Xiumin basked in the humor, continuing. "Well tonight, let me introduce you to what will surely be one of the greatest performances in the history of the Seoul Talent Competition. Without further ado, let us begin."

With that, he snapped his fingers, and the spotlight turned off. The spotlight turned on me first, and I gave a solemn look towards the crowd. I was on the upper stage, in the center. I was elevated above all the others, up a really tall height. My top shimmered into the crowd, lights dancing to the ceiling.

The music starts, and I give a smirk to the audience, and the spotlights fall on Taeyeon and Krystal as well, who were on the outside of the small 5 group.

"Make 'em whistle like a missile, bomb bomb," I say, my voice echoing through the crowd.

The spotlight falls onto Baekhyun and D.O, who were doing the male vocal line. They were both beside me, and we began the dancing that we've been practicing for months on end.

"Oh yeah~ Come on!" D.O grins, stopping in position to go back to dancing.

"Every time I show up," I winked, blowing a kiss to the crowd. "Blow-up, uh."

The light flashes to the people below, who begin the amazing and complex choreography Kai helped make. I noticed he was front and center since he was one of the main dancers.

"Neon neomu areumdawo neul ijeul suga eobseo," Krystal sang. (You're so beautiful, I can't forget you.) She combed her fingers through her hair as she danced, "Geu nunbichi ajik nareul ireohke seollege hae boom boom." (Your eyes still make my heart flutter, boom boom.)

I took a step forward, making the spin in the choreography that weeks before I struggled mastering. "24... 365... ojik neowa gati hagopa najedo." (I only wanna be with you.) "I bamedo ireohke neoreul wonhae ooh ooh." (During the day and night, I want you like this, ooh ooh.)

"Just right!" Tao and Amber shouted together as the spotlight was turned on their stage. They were on the rapper stage now.

Tao stepped up, dancing the choreography with more skill than I expected honestly. "Sidongeul georeo eksere bareul ollyeo, modeun geosi teukbyeolhae neowaneun jal eoullyeo," Tao rapped. (Ignite your engine, step on the pedal. Everything is special you and I look good together.) "Mueoseul wonhadeon, Imma make it work." (Whatever you want, Imma make it work.)

Baekhyun and D.O sang in harmony a beautiful, "Yeahh~" that rang out to the crowd.

Amber tipped her hat to the audience, spinning and dropping down a bit, crouching as she rapped her lines. "Shawty Imma party 'til the sun down. Jigeum i sinbiroun neukkimeun mwolkka. Wajwo naegero eoseo before the sun rise. Nega eopsneun nan eodil gado nobody." (Shawty Imma party 'til the sun down. What is this mysterious feeling? Come to me, hurry, before the sun rise. Wherever I am, me without you is a nobody.)