Chapter Forty-Eight- Splits and Ends

Asshat himself stepped in, his eyes glazing over me and Baekhyun, before returning to see Krystal's pissed off face. He chuckled lowly to himself, turning back to me. "I take it you two had a chat?"

"What do you want?!" Amber cried out, tugging at the ropes that were tightly wound around her wrists.

For the first time, he turned to acknowledge her, lifting her chin to stare her in the face. "Oh? You're a girl? I hardly noticed..." he mused to himself. "You know, you're actually quite pretty. A shame you're a tomboy."

"What do you want?!" Amber whimpered once again.

"Oh, from you?" he laughed, standing straight once again. "I want to see you cry."

"Let us go! I'll do anything!" Baekhyun cried out. The man patted his head as if he were a pet.

"There there, you're parents will be here soon. If not, then I guess you'll have to jump from the building." The smile was evident in his voice.

I growled lowly, "Why are you back here?"

"Well, as it turns out, my assistants are bored, and they'd like a pet," he raised his arms. "But the question is, who? Who do you think, Miss Song?"

"Don't touch the rest, you can do as you please," I said lowly. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if one of the others fell into these bastards' hands.

"Didn't think you were in that sort of thing, ma'am. But I'm afraid that's unacceptable. You see, part of keeping a hostage is that you aren't supposed to harm them. You need to keep them all in one piece, correct?" His eyes glazed over my friends' horrified expressions, and he pulled out the knife.

In one swift movement he whacked it against the top of Amber's hands, cutting the rope that held her hands up. It fell down, and he grabbed the end of the rope, forcing Amber to scramble up as he dragged her around like a dog on a leash.

"I suppose this one will have to do," he mumbled to himself. "Now, I'll send someone to check on you once in a while, so don't get too 'busy'. Though I know you fiances are eager for your own little honeymoon, but I don't think your friends are in the mood to watch porn at the moment. See you in a few."

Amber madly scrambled, trying to break free as she threw herself to the floor, trying to break his grip from her rope. He didn't let go, despite her kicking and crying. "Want me to bring the rag again? Or the knife?" he asked her.

She sniffled, her body wracking in sobs as she got the message and stood. She walked after him slowly, and he yanked her forward. The door slammed shut, and we were left with horrified expressions.

"We've got to help her!" Xiumin kicked his feet, yanking himself as if it were to free him.

"Krystal-shi, kick over my bag," I ordered calmly. She was the closest to our bags, which were kicked in the corner after our wallets and phones were searched from them. "If my instincts are correct, those mafia members weren't as smart as they think."

She glared at me, looking away and giving me a cold shoulder. Xiumin gave a sympathetic look, "Krystal-ah, I'm only going to say this once, but you need to stop acting like a toddler and do as she says. It could help us, and you can go back to ignoring her or whatever. But I swear to God if you don't do as she says I will use these ropes to strangle someone."

Our eyes widened, surprised the baozi boy would say that. Krystal stared with wide eyes, before grumbling to herself and reaching her tied feet to get my bag, kicking it to me.

When the man untied my wrists, though left me tied to a pole, I realized it wouldn't have me completely hopeless. I dragged the bag my way until it was to my hand, frantically searching it blindly. I gasped in delight as my hands wrapped around the cool metal, and I brought out the scissors.