Lockdown {Part 1}

"One of the first times we came here? It was crazy we caught some evid-"

"Aaron don't scare her before we even go in." Zak sighed zipping up his coat.

"Maybe another time." Aaron grinned making me nod and smile. I had noticed Zak had been quiet for a little while but couldn't really understand why. Maybe he got the pre-investigation nerves like I had right now?

Base for Billy & Jay was a lorry out the front of the hotel, I found it cool how they had set the whole thing up. Both of them were ready for us to head on inside when I noticed Zak pulling out a respirator. He must have seen me looking at it as he explained that he had asthma and needed to wear it in case of any contaminates.

"I got another if you need one? It's pink." He smirked.

"I'm good. Thank you though."

"No problem."

We stood together setting up our cameras as if it wasn't the first time we were investigating with each other. I looked to Zak waiting as he lifted his camera and checked to see it was on night vision. Once he was happy we set off into the Goldfield hotel where we did a small introduction as to who I was. So that nobody got me confused with a well dressed apparition. Hearing footsteps above us Zak held up a finger signalling for us to keep quiet and then spun it around and headed off. I guess it meant keep quiet and follow him... So I did exactly that.

I made sure I wasn't at the back of the line just in case anything did happen whilst we were on our way to investigate the footsteps.

"Is there someone upstairs?! Making all that noise?!" Zak called out making me jump a mile. His camera spun to me making me shake my head.

"Sorry you startled me."

"Oh.. My bad." He answered but in the projection of his night vision screen I could see the smile and amusement on his face.

"Dude she jumped so much." Aaron sniggered making me swat him playfully.

"Virginia said don't go to the fourth floor. So where am I going to go?" Zak asked.

"The fourth floor." Aaron spoke behind me.

I had learned that Zak and Aaron had met with Virginia a caretaker to the Goldfield hotel this morning. After the whole incident of me throwing water over him. I did feel slightly bad for doing it now but he was being a jerk and was rude for no reason. Plus he called me Tinkerbell.

"You take Kaylee then, I'm going to head down to the basement." Aaron said making Zak spin his camera to Aaron.

"You sure dude?"

"Yeah. Shout if you need me dude."

They fist bumped making me smile at their little ways and went to turn when Aaron's fist came towards me.

"You gotta do the bump if you investigate with us." He said, so I gave him a fist bump and he went on his way.

"Is he gonna be okay?" I whispered to Zak.

"He's been through hell that man. He will be fine. Come on." He replied, I followed behind Zak as we headed to the fourth floor.

As we reached the top of the stairwell I noticed Zak had stopped.. That was after I walked into his back. "Sorry I was watching your feet."

He laughed slightly "My feet?"

"Yeah I've fallen up stairs before now from it. Just carry on. Sorry."

I hadn't hurt him, no I had just took a face full of his backpack out of my own stupidity.

"Somebody up here? My name is Zak. This is Kaylee..." He introduced us making us both hold our breathes expecting .