James the Mechanic

A/N: *sigh* Yes. James Hartman is portrayed by Sebastian Stan, the Romanian Meme Lord.

Setting: Alexandria, Season Five

*Nico's POV*

Someone knocks on the door. Everyone is out of the house already, so I'm left to answer it. I open it, revealing a devilishly handsome man who seems to be in his early thirties.

"Hi," he grins. "I'm James Hartman. You're Nico, right?" 

"Yeah," I answer. 

"Awesome!" he says. "You're my co-worker, I guess. I'll show you the garage." 

The two of us walk over to a house with an open garage. Inside are many parts and tools for mechanical work. 

"Wow," I say in awe. "I cannot wait to dig my hands into some dirty work!" 

"I like your attitude, girl!" James laughs. I walk around the garage and find something I haven't seen in a long time.

"Is this an iPod?" I ask. 

"Yeah," James answers. "Go ahead, play a song." I scroll through the song choices and choose "Hot Stuff" by Donna Summer.

(Start song now! :D)

"Oh, baby, this is my jam," James says and starts bouncing his hips. I join him and did the weird wrist-flicking dance from Iron Man 3. 

The two of us got no work done that day. We spend most of our time dancing and laughing. It feels good to be with a new friend.

The two of us decide to take a walk. 

"Tell me about yourself," James says. 

"Well, my full name is Nicole Aimee Jensen-Dixon," I start. "I'm twenty-eight years old. My favorite TV show was Doctor Who. My favorite movie was Jaws. I'm half Brazilian. I speak Portuguese. You?"

"My full name is James Steven Hartman," James starts. "I'm thirty-four years old. My favorite TV show was Friends. My favorite movie was The Dark Knight. I'm Romanian and I am pansexual."

"Huh," I say. "I've never met anyone who's pansexual before." 

"Uh oh," James mumbles. Glenn, Tara, Noah, Nicholas, and another guy walk through the gates. None of them look too happy. We run towards them. 

"You three need new gigs!" the guy says. "You're not ready for runs yet."

"That's Aiden," James says.

"Yeah, pretty sure you got that backwards," Glenn snaps. Aiden walks up and grabs Glenn's arm. I pick up my crossbow. 

"Look, we got a way of doing things around here," Aiden says. 

"You tied up walkers!" Glenn yells. What? 

"It killed our friend!" Aiden yells back. A crowd is starting to form. 

"Look, I'm not having this conversation," Aiden scoffs. "You obey my orders out there!"

"Then we're just as screwed as your last run crew!" Glenn counters. 

"Say that again," Aiden threatens. 

"Back off, asshole," I snarl.

"Who's this bitch?" Aiden turns to me. "She your new whore, James?"

"Hey, you leave her alone!" James snaps and holds my shoulder. 

"No, she's right, back off, Aiden!" Tara says. Aiden pushes Glenn slightly.