A New Problem

Setting: Alexandria, Season Six

*Nico's POV*

Alright, let's go over some things.

Turns out the new guy's name is Morgan and Rick knows him. 

Tara woke up, thankfully. 

Apparently, Aaron and Daryl nearly died on their run, and Morgan saved them. 

Here's the big one:

There's a quarry filled with walkers, at least ten times the size as the herd at the barn. We all gather in Deanna's house to decide what the hell we're going to do about this. 

"My team... we saw it early on," this guy, Heath, says, "back when we were on one of those first scouts, finding out what was around here. There was a camp at the bottom. The people, they must have blocked the exits with one of those trucks back when everything started to go bad. They didn't make it, they were all roamers. Maybe a dozen of 'em."

"No one's been back since?" Maggie asks. 

Heath shakes is head, "D.C., every town worth scavenging are all in the other direction. And I never really felt like having a picnic next to the camp that ate itself."

"So all the while the walkers have been drawn by the sound and they're making more sound and they're drawing more in," Michonne says. 

"And here we are," Rick scoffs. "Now what I'm proposing, I know it sounds risky, but walkers are already slipping through the exits. One of the trucks keeping the walkers in could go off the edge any day now. Maybe after one more hard rain. That exit sends them east. All of them. Right at us. This isn't about if it gives, it's when. It's gonna happen. That's why we have to do this soon."

"This is-- I don't even have another word for it," Carol says. "This is terrifying. All of it. But it doesn't sound like there's any other way."

"Maybe there is," a man, Carter, pipes up. "I mean, couldn't we just build up the weak spots? I could draw up plans. I worked on the wall with Reg. Construction crew-- we can try and make it safe."

"Even if we could, the sound of those walkers is drawing more and more every day," Rick says. "Building up the exits won't change that."

"We're gonna do what Rick says," Deanna says, "the plan he's laid out."

"I told you all, we're gonna have Daryl leading them away," Rick says. 

"Me, too," Sasha says. "I'll take a car, ride next to him. Can't just be him. I'll keep 'em coming, Daryl keeps 'em from getting sloppy."

"I'll go with her," Abraham offers. "It's a long way to white-knuckle it solo."

"We'll have two teams," Rick says. "One on each side of the forest helping manage this thing. We're gonna have a few people on watch from now on. Rosita, Spencer, and Holly. So they're out. So who's in?"

"Me," Michonne says.

"I'm in," Glenn says.

"I'd like to help as well," Gabriel pipes up.

"No," Rick shuts him down. "Who else? We need more."

"There's gotta be another play," Carter says. "We can't just control that many."

"I said it before, walkers herd up," Rick says. "They'll follow a path if somethings drawing them. That's how we can get 'em all at once."

"So, what?" Carter scoffs. "We're supposed to just take your word for it? We're all supposed to just fall in line behind you after--"