52

*Fani's POV*

It was a Monday morning. Eventhough I'm looking forward to it, but I'm not that excited. My fever was still in me. My head felt dizzy & I felt nauseous. I almost fainted when I got up from bed to the shower. But, thank God, I was strong.

Monday is just an average day. It's not a big deal if you wear something casual. Well, to casual. On this boring Monday morning, I only wore my one an only ripped black skinny jeans, my combat jacket & my black converse. It felt so comfy. I never wore this casual to school before. But, I have a fever & I felt cold on this warm.morning, so I have to wear my big combat jacket.

Eric was not home. He went to work early today. I went downstairs, to the kitchen & wanted to get my favorite green apple when I saw a note on the fridge.

To: Fani

I won't be home till' late midnight. I left frozen foods in the fridge & some money for you to order pizza just incase. Don't forget to bring your medicine to school & don't forget to eat lunch.

Love, Eric

P.S: Don't faint.

I smiled when I read what he wrote to me. Thank God he left me money. I hate frozen foods.

I went outside & felt the warm breeze brushed through my warm face. Eventhough it was warm, but I felt so cold. I regret for waking up today. Eric insist that I take a day break but, I can't. I want to see Niall so badly.

With Eric went to work living me alone here, I have to walk to school or find a bus. Maybe, a bus would be faster. I don't have the energy to walk.

So, I walked outside my neighbourhood & walked towards the bus stop. I've waited for almost 5 minutes & the bus already arrived. Wow, that was fast!

So, as usual, of course there were so many students & jocks & cheerleaders & gangsters. I wasn't scared or afraid. I felt very awkward when they stared at me. Their glares are so creepy yet so annoying.

So, while I was waiting for the bus too stopped at my school, I took out my English book to study for my English test today. I don't freak out much. English is my second favorite subject. So, I don't have to worry about a thing.

I heard the cheerleaders were whispering something behind me. So, I looked back at them & apperently, they already staring at me. I ogled back at them & shooked my head.

I was just to tired to fight back. They were lucky I'm sick. I heard then whispering well....more like talking! They were saying something like "why is she so pale?", "Why is she wearing that ugly jacket", "Why does she has black hair?" Pffft...The last one made me laugh alittle. What a bimbo or should I say stupid? I'm to lazy to care. Whatever.

Finally, the bus stopped at my school. I stood up & literally, everyone were staring at me like I'm some kind of criminal or something. Isn't that stupid?

I rolled my eyes & sigh. I finally got out from that stinky school bus & emidiately walk towards school. I was hoping that Niall would wait for me or sat there under that big tree but it turns out his not. I was disappointed at my false hope. So, I walked to the school entrance looking down on the floor. Where is he?

I walked through the halls & to my locker. My feelings still felt disappointed when Niall wasn't there. Where is he? I asked myself again.

"So, are you ready for the test today?" I heard someone's voice saying that to me behind me.

I smiled. Cause I knew that was Niall. So, I turned my back around & again, I disappointed. But, this time, it was worst.

That voice was not Niall. It was.........Jake. How could I been so stupid & forgetful for not recognizing his voice? My heart beats faster & faster. For a week he was abscent at school. For a week I haven't seen his face. And for a week, he doesn't exist in my life anymore. But today, he was.

"Jake....what are you doing here?" I asked Jake as he pulled me into a hug.

Jake then let me go & said,"I go to school here remember? And I miss you." Jake said to me. He then leaned closer to me & kissed my cheek. I blushed. But, not the kind blush that Niall made.

I don't know why but, I felt disgusted when he kissed my cheek & when he said that he missed me. Why all of the sudden he was like this? Where is Niall anyway? I need him now.

"Emm...Jake...I gotta-I gotta go. See you later." I said to him, trying to get away from him.

"Where are you going? Test starts at only 5 minutes more. C'mon, we can go together. Don't you miss having me around?" Jake asked me, wrapping an arm around my shoulder. I don't know what to do at this moment. All I can do is just walk besides him & looking down on the floor, squeezing my eyes. I don't want Niall to see me with Jake. What if he saw me & he would think me & Jake have "something". No. I don't want that to happen.

I sigh of relief when we both finally arrived at class. The seats & desk are placed one by one cause of the test. And I felt nervous. So nervous. Jake let me go & left me standing infront of the door. I was looking for Niall & finally, I let a relief sigh when I saw Niall was already there, sleeping, hiding his head in his arms. I thought he was abscent today.

The test finally started, I was nervous at first but after I've read the questions, I think I can do this. After half an hour, I finally finished. But before I got up to passed out my paper, I looked back to see Niall was doing his paper. Niall looked at me, I smiled at him but, he didn't smile back. He just continued doing what his doing. Why? What happened?

***************************

The English test was finally over. I think I did great. I was to focused on doing the test, that I didn't realised Niall passed right besides me. I walked out to class & emidiately called out his name.

"Niall!" Niall turn his back & looked at me."Why are you avoiding me?" I asked him.

Niall didn't say anything. He just shrugged & when he was about to say something, Jake was right besides me. Jake looked at Niall & Niall looked at him back. Then, Niall just left me.

My heart felt a slight pain when he didn't even looked at me or tell me the reason why he was like this. I don't want him to leave me. Our friendship just starting & I don't want it to end just like this.

"What's wrong with him?" Jake asked me.

I sigh."Jake, I think...I need some space." Then I just left Jake standing there confusely.

The truth is, I don't need any air. All I want is to Niall tell me what's the reason his been avoiding me all day. What happened? I need to see him. My heart was begging me to ran after him. But, my mind said no. My mind just said that he needs sometime to cool down. But, my heart said that I need to chased him.

I chose my heart. But, I never forget to bring my mind with me. I need to be careful when Niall like this. I know how he is when his like this. Niall will get furious & angry if someone's bothering him. I hope he never get furious to me.

Oh God please help me...........

Twitter:Fiqah_Aminuddin
Instagram:NiallJamesHoranisirish & FiqahAminuddin