54

*Fani's POV*

It was Tuesday & I  felt anxious. I felt this way because I have to tell Jake about my relationship with Niall. I don't want him thinking that I'm still giving him hopes. I didn't mean to do that. In fact, I never did. Jake was the one who kept thinking that. Jake has changed completely. I don't know what makes him this way.

Is it true that Jake changed because of me? Is it true that Niall's & Jake's friendship ended because of me? What if it's true? Then I'm really a bad person.

I felt really bad when I thought about it. I mean, Niall doesn't tell it directly to me, I just know it. I don't want them to fall apart. I don't want them to not be friends anymore just because of some girl. And what more awful about this is that, I'm that girl. What am I gonna do? The only way to solve this is to talk with Jake & just hope that he'll understands.

I was waiting for Jake infront of my locker cause I know he will have to walk pass my locker first. I was picking my nails, feeling nervous non stop. Why am I like this? Maybe it's just because I'm gonna have some serious conversation with Jake today.

Then, finally, there he was walking. I never realised how beautiful Jake looks with his dark brown quiff & his brown eyes. I once have feelings towards him but it turns out, those feelings just not for him. It belongs to Niall.

"Jake." I called out his name when he walked right passed me. Jake stopped his track. I was taken aback when he just ignored me."I need to talk to you." Jake's face turned into a confused expression when he saw me being serious.

"Jake, I-"

"I saw you & Niall kissed in the middle of the football field yesterday." Jake cut me off. And I don't know if I should feel bad or not, I'm actually glad when he saw me & Niall kissed yesterday. That way, he'll understands right?

"Jake, I don't want our friendship break just because of this. And especially between you & Niall." I said to him, trying not to sound so desperate.

"Don't you involve Niall in this." Jake pointed out his index finger to me.

"Why not? Why can't Niall involve? His your friend Jake. Don't you wanna be bestfriend again with him?" I asked Jake.

"I can't & I will not." Jake being so stubborn.

"Why Jake? Just tell me why?"

"Because I love you Fani! Can't you see?" Jake said almost to loudly.

"Jake STOP! Haven't you realised now that I'm with Niall? We've talked about this before. We want to stay friends remember & you said that to yourself. Where  is the Jake that I knew? And do you have to break your friendship just becaus of me?" I said to him, holding his arm.

"Where is the Jake that you knew? I'm here Fani! I always were. But, you just can't see that cause your eyes only can see Niall. And I have to cause his a threat to our relationship" Jake said to me pointing his index finger to his chest."And can't you see? Niall loved you cause he already knew you. And he only can see someone else in you and that someone else is Tessa!" Jake continued.

"What do you mean?" I asked him, squinting my eyes.

"That's not my job to answer that to you. If he breaks your heart, you know where to find me. My arms are always open for you Fani. Trust me." Jake said to me, softening his tone, brushing his thumb to my cheek.

Jake was right. I was to busy focusing on Niall that I forgot I had a friend. And that friend is Jake. But, his not there when I needed him for a week. A week & alot had happened but for a week he wasn't there. But, still, I don't want our friendship to end just like this. I was flattered when he said that he will always here for me with open arms, but I'm really really confused when he said that Niall already knew me. I've been wanting to know the answer to that question since yesterday. But, none.

I watched Jake walked away from me. How can I move on with my relationship with Niall while his bestfriend has feelings towards me deeply? Should I tell Niall that Jake have feelings towards me? Or should I just keep quiet till' Niall finds out himself?

Both options are nothing but gonna make Niall mad & furious. If I tell Niall, he would be upset & if I didn't, he would be more upset. I don't know what to do anymore.

Speaking about Niall, where is he? Math test is almost starting & today is a big day for him.

When I turned around, I bumped into someone. "oh I'm sor-" While I'm trying to apologise, that someone just wrapped his arms around me.

"Miss me?" I smiled when I knew that was Niall.

"We only started since yesterday. So no. I did not." I lied & Niall let go of me. And of course I missed him so badly.

Niall kissed my nose & smiled looking at me, tilting his head to the side. "What?" I asked him.

Niall shrugged. "I don't know. I just...miss you. Alot!" Niall said to me.

I don't know if it just me or the way Niall said to me that he missed me....alot was different. It felt like he lost me for years. And then I realised, his heart was lost & shattered after the lost of his girlfriend Tessa. Jake just told me that Niall cared about me cause I reminded him of Tessa. If it's true then how could he?I want him to love me for me. Not because I reminded him of Tessa.

"Niall." I called his name.

"Yeah?" Niall said to me, while he was putting his books into his locker.

"Do I remind you of someone?" I asked him, looking down on the floor.

"Babe, of course not. You're my one & only." Niall leaned forward towards me & kissed my forhead.

Niall's touch brings me chill & goosebumps. Maybe I was to foreign to his touch cause not one guy ever made me so addicted like Niall did to me. Not even my past lover or even Jake. Eventhough he touches me more than Niall did, but Jake will never made me so special like Niall did to me.

And the way Niall called me 'Babe' just made me wanted to melt. Never even in my entire life would someone called me by that name. I love it. And infact, the way Niall's lips pronouncing the word 'Babe' to me just makes me want to pull him & give him a one sweet but passionate kiss. But, then I realised that we're at school.

I believed what Niall had said to me. I trust him. I don't even care what Jake said to me about Niall. What I care about is that Niall genuinely cares about me & I know that he will never hurt me. I have alot to tell him about myself & about my life. But now is not the right time to tell him. I need to be with him longer than I expected. I hope he'll last.

I just...hope........

Twitter: Fiqah_Aminuddin
Instagram: Nialljameshoranisirish & FiqahAminuddin