Chapter I

Whatever Life Throws At You

December 2013

Rayan

Women! All you see are women! They were everywhere! Short, tall, skinny, slim, big. Dark, light, brown, mixed, you name it! You watched them as they shook their tails and undo their bras for money. All for a green piece of paper. It's funny what people do in order to get it. They'll do anything and everything!

I threw my money in the air, watching this beautiful exotic dancer, shake what was given to her. She blew a kiss at the guy next to me then focused on me. She walked along the stage, making her way over to my spot. I licked my lips, anxiously waiting for her arrival. I stood up to my feet, in order to help her down. She placed her hands on my shoulders as I lifted her, slightly into the air, taking her off the stage. Men whistled at her as she wrapped her legs around my waist. I smirked in her favor while sitting back down in my chair. She smiled at me while grinding slowly in my lap. I felt accomplished in what was going on and I knew she wanted me. Who doesn't? I could get any girl in this entire building, make them fall to my feet as if I'm a prince. Call me conceited but that's just how it is.

My eyes explored this piece of beauty as she continued to pleasure me. I knew what this going to lead to and I was ready for it. I pulled myself to my feet while still holding onto her. She smiled again before letting out a sexy giggle in my ear. She put herself down to her feet, grabbed my hand then Lead me out, away from the crowd. I know exactly where this is going.

Craig

I sighed while putting my glass back down on the island. I scanned around the bar, simply taking in everything that was happening here. I didn't want to be here at all, there's no point. But Ray forced me too. He only asked me because Chres had to work and Jacob told him no and kept to his word. The guy only needed me for his wing man. Almost every girl bow downs before him so what is the point of me being here?

I hate going out anyway. No one ever acknowledges me and if they do; it's only for fun. Never in my life have I ever had an serious relationship. Every girl I went out with, took me for a joke. The first time it happened, I didn't let it get to me, but once I realized that it happened every time I get with a chick, that's when I just cut everything off with any female. I'm a loner, so get use to it. I don't trust anyone anymore and if I had to, it would take decades for me to.

"So where's your buddy?" The bartender questioned. I glanced at her face quickly before looking back down. I wasn't really good at making eye contact with people anymore either.

"Probably sucking on some stripper's neck." I replied in a low tone. I heard her giggle at my reply, causing me to look up. She shook her head as her laugh began to die off.

"So I'm guessing that you were his wing man huh?" She questioned me again. I sighed just thinking about it. I didn't want to answer that question, but the fact that she's at least trying to hold a conversation with me was the only thing keeping my spirit from completely dying.

"Yeah." I simply answered. She chuckled before speaking.

"I remember when I used to be the third wheel, until I finally put my foot down and told her no." She explained. A smooth chuckle escaped my lips. I was kind of shocked though, jousting thinking about how could she have been a third wheel.

"You're too pretty to be a third wheel." I told her, causing her to blush. Her cheeks turned pink as she looked away. I mentally face palmed myself. I didn't really mean to say that, but it slipped. I try not to compliment women nowadays. It's too risky on my behalf.

"Thanks!" She said to me. I nodded then checked the time. It was going on two o'clock and I was growing tired. I knew I had to keep myself awake for Ray, knowing he'd probably be drunk by now. I stood up to my feet then eyed the bartender down. I took a quick glance at her name tag before I spoke up.

"Thanks for the small talk Ginger." I said politely with a smile. She gave one in return before walking away. I pulled myself away from the bar and made my through the crowd. I didn't feel like finding Ray but if I wait for him then I'll be waiting forever. I decided to check the men's room, before I began to search anywhere else.

Chresanto

I walked into my small house, dropping my things in front of me. I was tired as hell from working two shifts. My co-worker has been sick for a week so I had to fill in for her. I just hope she knows that she owes me. I dragged myself down the hallway, into the bathroom to began my shower. I walked out as I waited for it to warm up. I just want to sleep for days and not be disturbed ever.

This hasn't really been my week. I'm behind on bills, I've been working two to three shifts and I just got out of a relationship with my ex. She left because I wouldn't by her anything she wanted. Every time she asked me for anything I'd ask her; "Do you have money for that?" She'd get pissed off and won't talk to me until I buy it. I could kick my stupid ass for doing it to. I've been faithful in ever relationship but I only seem to pick out the greedy ones, that seems to be my only problems with females these days. They always want something, whether you have the money for it or not. Well, I don't and I wish that someone would appreciate me for that.

I stripped out of my work clothes then hopped in the shower. I let the water beads soak into my skin, relaxing every bone in my body. Words couldn't describe how amazing it felt. I yawned a couple of times, thinking about how close I was from my bed. I washed my body along with my face and hair then got out. I wrapped the towel around my waist and opened the door to let the steam out. I brushed my teeth four about five minutes then went into my room. I got dressed into a pair of basketball shorts and a pair of socks before getting in bed. I turned off my lamp from my night stand then laid back. I soon closed my heavy eyelids, resting in peace.