Chapter XI

For You I Will

November 2014

Thursday Morning

Craig

I walked beside Chres, both showing our ID before being lead to the visiting room. I sat down in the chair along with Chres. The door opened, catching my attention. Trey came in and sat down in front of us. He glanced at Chres then at me.

"I'll wait outside." Chres said before walking out. I sighed, sitting back in the chair.

"How you doing Craig?" He questioned. I nodded before speaking.

"I'm doing good man. How about you?" I inquired. He sighed aloud.

"I'm making it. Doing my time." He stated.

"Well. You deserve it." I stated in a blunt tone. He stared, not responding. That may have sounded harsh, but how would you feel if you were facing the guy that killed someone you loved? He sighed, looking down.

"Look Craig. I'm sorry. I'm sorry for what I did." He began.

"And you think that your apology would bring her back?" I asked sternly.

"I know it won't, but what the hell do you want me to do?" He interrogated.

"Keep your distance." I growled. He slammed his hands against the table, standing to his feet.

"I'M TRYING TO MAKE THINGS RIGHT!" He began as I rose from my seat. The door swung open, Chres walking in.

"LOOK I KNOW THAT I CAN'T BRING YOUR FRIEND BACK AND IF I COULD TAKE IT BACK, I WOULD. BELIEVE ME CRAIG!" He shouted.

"I just won't your forgiveness man." He said lowly. I clenched my jaw, balling my fist.

"I'm sorry. But I'm just not ready to forgive you." I stated before leaving the room. I heard Chres behind me as I left the jailhouse.

Rayan

"He's cocky and stupid. I hate him with everything in me." I heard her say. Maria sighed, shaking her head.

"Michelle what did I tell you?" She asked.

"I know, but I can't help it Maria. Your boyfriend is a compulsive liar, two timer, a cheater and a betrayer." She spoke. I bit my lip in frustration.

"One. He's not my boyfriend. We're working the kinks out in this relationship and two. Ray is a wonderful guy. Sure he can be a complete asshole, but everyone have their moments." She stated in aggravation.

"Maria calm down. I was just sayi-" She began.

"YOU'RE ALWAYS STATING MICHELLE!" Maria shouted.

"Every time you step into this house. You always have to find something to say about Rayan...and I don't appreciate it okay?" She explained.

"It's...it's like you do it on purpose. To make me feel bad and to make him feel guilty or something. It...it's ridiculous and I'm sick of it." She snapped.

"You and him may not have worked out, but we are and we will. And the last thing I need right now..is you telling me how to run my life and who to date." She lectured.

"I love him Michelle and your bad talk may hurt, but it won't stop me from being with him." She finished. I smiled to myself.

"Maria I-" Michelle began.

"If you don't have anything nice to say, then you can't be around here anymore." She stated. Michelle sighed, grabbing her bag. I moved away and hid around the corner. I watched her strut out of the door. I heard Maria sobbing silently. I slowly crept in, leaning against the door. She held her hand to her face, sniffing.