Xscape

Simple Issues

Craig

I sighed aloud as we continued to wait for someone to inform us about Jacob. I was growing impatient, we all were. I can't lose my brother...it just wouldn't be the same. I noticed someone walking in and I realized that it was Ginger, Avian and Treyvon. Avian embraced Chres tightly while Ginger pulled me into a nice squeeze as well.

"How is he? Did they say anything yet?" She asked me as we sat down. I sighed deeply and shook my head.

"What happened?" She asked for only me to hear.

"Danny called Ray and told him that something was up because he didn't show for work. He called me and we got there as soon as we could. His bedroom door was locked and he wasn't responding to us. So we called Chres and he tried but we still got nothing from him. Him and Ray decided to go through the window and luckily it was cracked opened. When they got in, he was laid up in bed and they noticed the empty bottles." I explained to her.

"Do you think he would really do that to himself though?" She asked me. I shrugged my shoulders then replied.

"I don't know but to be honest with you, that doesn't sound like the Jacob I know. I mean he always told me how afraid he was of taking pills and other medication." I explained. She sighed then shook her head.

"Something isn't right then." She said to me. I began to reply until someone spoke before me.

"Jacob Perez?" He called out. We all stood up but we knew that only one or two of us could go at a time. We waited anxiously for him to give us the news.

"He had so much in his system but we managed to get it out before it did any serious damage." He began. I sighed deeply and waited for him to continue on.

"Your friend is one strong guy and he is extremely lucky to pull through. I don't think anyone has survived with that much medication in their blood." He finished.

"Can we see him?" Danny questioned. He nodded before replying.

"Of course. Only one or two at a time please." He stated. We decided to let Danny and go first. She followed behind the doctor and we sat back down and began to discuss a few things.

Danielle

I stepped inside and smiled as I saw him laying there. I closed the door behind me without making a sound then slowly walked over to him. He looked so peaceful and unharmed. The fact that I almost lost him was tearing me apart. Not only he's my friend but he's my lover. I don't know what I would do without him. Which only has me thinking of why he would do this to himself. Is there something that I'm missing here? Is he depressed or stressed out?

"Hey beautiful." He mumbled in a low tone. I looked down at him, realizing that he was staring at me. I beamed brightly as I began to run my fingers through his soft curls.

"Hi handsome." I said in a soft tone. He breathed deeply then spoke up.

"What happened?" He questioned. I hesitated to respond but he was going to know eventually, so why not tell him now.

"We found you in your room, completely out of it. You overdosed Jacob." I said in a serious tone. His eyebrows went low as his face went blank. I sighed, waiting for him to respond.

"I...overdosed?" He asked me. I simply nodded then replied.

"We found three empty bottles on your nightstand. Jacob is there something wrong that you're not telling me?" I asked in a concerned tone.

"Danny I...I don't even know what's going on." He said to me. I blew air loudly, not knowing what to do. He slowly wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him. I placed my hand on his chest while sharing a stare with him.