Xscape

Simple Issues

Chresanto

I woke up a little early today. I was off today, thanks to my boss for letting me have this day to myself. I decided to pay Jasmine a visit. I showered then got dressed into a pair of dark blue jeans and a nice green, Polo v-neck. I slipped on my shoes then grabbed my car keys. Once I got into the car, I pulled out of the driveway and drove off. It wanted to visit Jasmine the same day, Johnny told me about what happened to her, but it didn't get off until one in the morning. So he told me that I didn't have to come in today. I stopped by the flower shop and bought a small bouquet of Lilies for her. I placed them into the passenger seat then drove away. I got there within thirty minutes. I stepped out with the bouquet in my hand. I crossed the street, soon heading inside.

"Hi! I'm here to see Jasmine Laurence." I told the receptionist. She looked on her computer screen then smiled before speaking.

"Room 205, second floor." She told me. I smiled and nodded.

"Thanks." I said to her before walking away from the desk. I strolled down the hallway, kindly greeting some of the patients that were out of their rooms. I stopped in front of the elevator and pressed the up button. I waited patiently for it to open and it finally did. I stepped in and pressed the button that lead to the second floor. I anxiously thought about Jasmine, ready to see her face. Her smile made my day and the fact that she has a problem but still finds a way to smile through it all. She's such an amazing person.

I stepped out of the elevator and searched for the room that held Jasmine. I read the room numbers silently to myself until I came to hers. I smiled to myself while placing my hand on the knob. I slowly turned it and opened the door. I peeped my head inside and saw her laying there, flipping through channels. She noticed that someone was at the door and smiled, finally realizing that it was me.

"Chresanto!" She sung happily. I chuckled while walking in. I shut the door behind me then turned to face her. I chuckled again as she beamed brightly.

"Are those for me?" She asked in a soft voice, gesturing towards the lilies that I got for her. I smiled while holding them up for her to see them clearly.

"Uh! Yeah, they are. Just thought it would be nice." I said while handing them to her. She buried her face into them and inhaled the aroma.

"Mm. These are nice. Thank you." She said sweetly.

"No problem." I said to her as I took a seat in the chair that was provided. She focused back on the television, leaving me in a train of thought. I wanted to ask her what happened but I don't want to be a noisy guy, getting all into her business.

"So how are you holding up?" I asked her. She turned her head in my direction and smiled weakly before answering.

"I-I'm fine. Never been better actually." She replied. I nodded my head then spoke again.

"Um, do you mind if I ask about what happened that night?" I questioned. She looked down, hesitating to answer. I sighed, knowing that I messed up.

"I'm sorry. I don't mean to come off as being noisy, I'm just concerned Jasmine. When Johnny told me that something happened to you, I got scared, worried and bothered." I explained to her. A smiled formed across her face.

"Really?" She asked me.

"Y-yeah." I managed to say. She chuckled a little then glance back at me.

"I was fine until I started feeling light headed. I thought maybe I was just tired, so I ignored it, but it began to get really bad and that's when my eyes became heavy. I tried my best to keep them open but I just couldn't. Next thing you know I woke up here." She explained. I sighed aloud while looking down.