Xscape

New Beginnings

A Week Later

Friday Morning | 9:02 A.M.

Chresanto

I wiped the tables down, trying not to put so much pressure on myself. We were okay from the accident... We were just sore. I decided to come to work today even though Johnny told me to stay home. I need the money. I have none left.

"How you feeling buddy?" Johnny asked, placing his hand on my shoulder. I sighed, standing up straight.

"Still a tad bit sore, but I'll be fine." I told him. Before he could say anything. Someone walked in. We looked towards the door, seeing Jhona walk in. I stared at her in awe. Johnny noticed, beginning to chuckle. She spotted us both, smiling as she began to make her way over.

"Hi." She greeted sweetly. I remained silent, staring at her. Still in awe.

"Hello. Welcome to Johnny's Palace. I'm Johnny." He greeted, shaking her hand.

"Hi! I'm Jhona." She greeted back. She then met eyes with me.

"I'll leave two alone." Johnny said before walking away. It was quiet the entire time, until she decided to break it.

"Um, your friend Jacob told me that you worked here. I hope you don't mind me stopping by?" She inquired.

"No! No! You're fine." I replied. She gave me a small smile, nodding.

"I actually came by to check on you. I didn't see you anymore after the accident." She stated.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Took us a week to recover from the soreness. I still am a little, but I'm fine." I told her.

"Okay. Well I hope everything is okay. Call me if you need anything." She said with a smile.

"Will do and thanks." I said.

"No problem Chres. I'll see you later." She replied before leaving. I watched her disappear.

"Hey lover boy." Someone greeted. I jumped, seeing Charlie standing next to me.

"When did you get here?" I asked her. She chuckled then responded.

"Just a few minutes ago. I walked right past you and your girlfriend." She explained.

"She isn't my girlfriend." I began.

"But you want her to be." She said with a smirk. I remained quiet, staring at her the entire time. She laughed again, patting my back.

"Oh Chresanto." She said.

Early That Afternoon | 1:30 P.M.

Charmaine

"Stop it." I whispered. He grinned, pecking my lips again.

"I love you." He stated. I playfully rolled my eyes, beginning to grow tired. I looked over at him. He was watching me, with his lips poked out. I raised an eyebrow.

"What?" I asked him.

"You're very cute." He stated. I blushed, turning the other way. He pulled me closer by my waist, turning me around to face him.

"Why did you leave me like that?" He asked. I shrugged.

"I don't know." I answered. He shook his head, pecking my lips. He then grabbed my hand.

"Can I tell you something?" He asked.

"What's up?" I questioned, giving him my full attention.

"I just wanted to tell you that I love you." He said, making me smile.