Xscape

Halfway Gone

The Next Morning

Alisa

I walked into the house, placing my things down next to the door. The lights came on and I looked up to see Marion standing there. He leaned against the kitchen doorway, with his hands in his pockets. He eyed me down the entire time, not saying a word to me.

"Where the hell you've been?" He asked in a deep tone of voice. I sighed, not answering his question. I headed towards the staircase, but he grabbed me.

"I asked you a damn question Alisa." He stated through his teeth. I snatched away from his grip, giving him a death glare. His hand went across my face. I held my cheek in shock as I looked him the eye.

"You don't just up and leave me like that." He stated. I pulled away and ran upstairs. He followed behind and caught me, pushing my against the wall.

"LEAVE ME ALONE MARION!" I screamed in pain. He hit me again, making my head hit the wall.

"LEAVE AGAIN AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS!" He yelled.

"Fuck you!" I said to him. He threw me across the floor.

"You leave and go off to fuck some other guy. The fuck is wrong with you Alisa?" He questioned. I managed to pull myself up but he pushed me back down.

"We are not together Marion. How many times do I have to fucking tell you that?" I inquired.

"I make the decisions around here. I say when we're together or not and we are." He stated while gripping my hair into his hand. I winced in pain as he threw my head down. I'm sick of this...the pain and the agony. Marion has never put his hands on me, so this only made everything worse. I had to get out of here.

Craig

I sat at the table, watching people and cars go by. I waited patiently while sipping on my drink.

"Hi." She greeted sweetly. I looked to see Adrienne approaching me. She sat down in the seat in front of me. I smiled a little and nodded.

"Hey."'I greeted her. She placed her purse into her lap and her drink in the table. She sighed then chuckled.

"So, what's been going on lately?" She asked me. I placed my drink down and sighed aloud before clearing my throat.

"Nothing much really. Working on my clothing line and maintaining a relationship. Life is being good to me right now. What about you? You seem to be doing good." I told her. She smiled and nodded.

"Yeah. I recently just got out of a relationship. It didn't really go well. Um, after me and you broke up. I went to New York and started my modeling. I got bored with it after awhile, so I came back here and now a photographer." She told me.

"That's good." I said to her. It was silent for a minute until she spoke up.

"So. Your girlfriend. Is she making you happy?" She asked. I raised my eyebrow while looking down. I chuckled nervously before replying.

"Uh! Yeah. Yeah she is. She's amazing and I'm crazy about her. We're very happy." I told her truthfully and aware. She smiled and nodded her head.

"That's great. I hope to find someone to be happy with." She said.

"I'm pretty sure you will." I said to her.

Charmaine

I jogged along the sidewalk, breathing heavily. Craig went out to meet up with Adrienne. I'm a little upset about it, but I trust Craig to do the right thing. I just don't trust her, she seems sneaky, so I'm keeping my eye on her. I saw a figure walking towards me with her head down. I heard her sniffing and crying, once I got closer...I realized that it was Alisa. I stopped in front of her and called her name. She looked up, stopping in her tracks.