Chapter IX

Keep Fighting

September 2014

That Afternoon | 6:30 P.M.

Rayan

Craig and I were out and about, doing a little shopping. He was the only one that I could talk to since Jacob and I are no longer friends and Chres is pissed at us both. It has been hectic and I don't think that it's going to get any better. He's been down about Charmaine and I'm still missing Maria.

"What about these?" He asked while observing the shoes. I shrugged my shoulders, not really caring. He sighed, placing them back on the rack.

"It's okay man. We're all going through something." He stated.

"It's not like I meant to do it. I mean, I didn't do it on purpose. It's just that I'm tempting and she came onto me." I explained.

"Ray. There is a lot that you need to understand. Though she came onto you. You should've knew right then that it was a bad sign. Then you should've thought about Maria and Jacob. How would they have felt about it?" He lectured.

"Well we know now." I stated.

"It'll get better man I promise. If you still want Maria, then you go and get her." He finished. I sighed, not wanting to talk about it anymore.

"So what's up with you and Char?" I asked him. He bowed his head, not saying a word.

"I miss her like hell Ray. She came over to talk and I acted like a complete asshole to her." He replied.

"Have you talk to her since then?" I questioned.

"Nope. It's been two whole weeks and if I don't talk to her soon. I'm gonna pop." He said. I chuckled at his expression before walking out of Journey's. We continued to rant on about our problems until I saw a group of ladies, smiling us. I ceased my talking as I eyed one down. She had honey blonde hair, brown complexion and toned body. I licked my lips at how amazing she looked.

"What the hell are you doing?" I heard Craig say.

"Observing something I like." I responded.

"I thought you we're trying to get back with Maria?" He inquired.m

"Yeah, but for right now. I need to live a little." I stated before walking off. I heard him sigh aloud as I made my way over to the group of goddesses.

"Afternoon ladies." I greeted, giving them my best smile. They giggled, greeting back. I focused on miss beauty in front of me, eyeing her up and down.

"And what's your name Ma?" I asked her. She blushed, looking away from me.

"Shanice. What's yours?" She asked.

"Rayan. But you can call me Ray." I said sweetly. Her friends walked away, giving us time to talk alone.

"You from here?" I questioned.

"From Atlanta." Simply answering.

"Cool. I'm from here. Glad that you decided to come here though." I stated.

"Why?" She asked with a smile.

"Because I got a chance to meet you." I answered as I moved closer to her. She blushed harder than the first time, looking down at her feet. I lifted her chin up and began to speak.

"Can I have your number?" I interrogated.

"Sure." She smiled, biting her lips. I pulled my phone out, handing it to her after unlocking it. I waited patiently as she swiftly typed in her number.