Xscape

Wreckage

Rayan

I eyed her down the entire time as I walked into the living room. She took her attention from the tv, noticing my presence. She turned her focus back on the television. I sat next to her, waiting for her to speak. She clicked the button from the remote, turning it off.

"Ready to talk to me now?" She asked while crossing her arms. I watched her body turn to face me. In my mind...I wanted to say no. I wanted to kill myself. But I can no longer keep this from her.

"You know how much you mean to me? Right?" I questioned. She nodded.

"And you know that I would do anything to keep us together...make you happy. Right?" I asked.

"Yes." She said to me. I remained silent, looking down at the floor.

"Ray what's going on?" She asked with concern. I placed my hand on her leg, counting to three.

"I-I slept with Danny." I stated.

............................

She said nothing. She said nothing at all. I stared into her eyes as she stared back. I could see the hurt and pain in her eyes. I sighed, knowing that it was over for this relationship. I didn't want to lose her, but I was sick of the depression and stressing. It's killing me and I can't live like this.

"Danny as in Danielle? Jacob's girlfriend?" She asked sternly. I nodded my head, looking down again.

"Your best friend's girlfriend? Are you insane?" She semi-yelled.

"Maria please-" I began.

"NO!" She shouted, quickly standing up to her feet.

"Baby please listen." I begged.

"LISTEN? YOU SLEPT WITH YOUR BEST FRIEND'S GIRLFRIEND! YOU CHEATED ON ME!" She screamed. I saw the tears falling down her cheeks. I mentally shot myself in the head.

"Yes and I'm sorry. I didn't know what I was thinking." I explained, jumping to my feet.

"YOU'RE DAMN RIGHT YOU DIDN'T! HOW COULD YOU RAY? AFTER EVERYTHING WE'VE BEEN THROUGH? AFTER CHASING ME FOR MONTHS JUST TO GIVE YOU A CHANCE! YET YOU BLEW IT!" She cried. I moved towards her, trying to grab ahold of her. She pushed me away, giving me a death glare.

"Maria please. I'm sorry baby." I stated.

"Where are they?" She asked me.

"Who?" I questioned.

"DANIELLE AND JACOB!" She shouted in anger.

"They are on their way to Johnny's Palace." I answered. She stormed out of the living room and I went after her. God why me?

Chresanto

I sat on the ground silently, listening to the calm wind. I thought about the good times me and Jasmine had, before she left me. If I could bring her back..I would...healthy and well. I miss her like crazy, but I know that she's in a better place.

"She was such a beautiful woman. Personality and all." Someone said, startling me. I turned my head, seeing Ava standing there. She gave me a weak smile, moving her hair behind her ears.

"She was." I said, turning back around. I stared at her grave, touching the marble platform...reading her name that was carved into it. I felt Ava sit next to me. She cleared her throat before speaking.

"You know. I didn't mean to say those things about her. I was just angry." She began.

"People make mistakes Avian. I forgive you...and so does Jasmine." I told her.