Xscape

You Know Me Better Than I Know Myself

Tuesday Morning | 7:00 A.M.

Charlie

I held onto Madelyn, throwing her bag over my shoulder. I closed the door, walking over to the door. I rung the doorbell and waited. It opened, revealing Ms. Perez. I gave her a warm smile, before speaking.

"Good morning." I greeted.

"Good morning Charlie." She greeted back. I handed Madelyn to her then gave her the baby bag.

"Jay doesn't get off until one in the morning. So you'll be coming to get her?" She asked me.

"Uh! Yes ma'am. I will. I get off at nine." I responded. She smiled then nodded.

"Bye." I said sweetly before walking away.

"Charlie?" She called. I turned to face her. She gestured for me to come back over.

"I just want to apologize about last night. I know that your past is messed up, but the fact that you are changing for the better...I respect you for that sweetie." She explained. I smiled. She pulled me into a warm embrace before speaking again.

"You are welcomed here any time and if you need anything, let me know. I'm here." She finished.

"Thank you Ms. Perez." I said with a smile.

"Call me Theresa." She chuckled. I laughed softly and nodded. I waved goodbye while heading to my car. I got in and pulled out of the driveway. I checked my phone, seeing two messages. I checked the first one...from Jay. "How did everything go? She didn't say anything to you did she?" He asked. I quickly texted back. "Everything went well. She accepted me. :)" I texted before pressing send. I pulled into the parking lot, swiftly getting out. I locked the door as I made my way inside. I quickly opened the message from some number.

"Hey! It's Michael. How are you this morning?" He questioned. I smiled while walking to the back. It wasn't crowded in here but it was enough. "Hey! I'm doing good actually. I'm at work, so I'll text you later. :)" I texted. I put my things away then tied my apron around my waist. I pulled my hair into a loose ponytail while walking out of the kitchen.

"Morning Charlie." Chresanto greeted with a smile.

"Hi Chresanto. How are you?" I inquired.

"I'm doing good. How are you?" He interrogated.

"I'm good." I replied. He smiled while wiping down the counter. I grabbed my notepad and pen before heading over to the front.

"Hi! Welcome to Johnny's Palace. My name is Charlie." I introduced, grabbing four menus. They smiled.

"Please follow me." I ordered, leading them to a table. Chresanto swiftly wiped it down before they were seated. I handed each of them a menu before taking their order.

Later That Afternoon | 5:30 P.M.

Jacob

I sighed, pressing the end button. I was trying to call Alisa all day. Haven't seen her since yesterday night. She hasn't called, texted...nothing. I'm getting worried and don't know what else to do.

"Did you get her?" Jamar asked me.

"No." I said in disappointment. He sighed heavily, gripping his hands together.

"We need her Jake. Where could she be? She's missing everything." He stated with rage. He sighed, trying to calm down.

"Please find her. I'll go try to calm my nerves before my blood pressure goes up and have a stroke." He snapped before leaving. Such a drama king. I grabbed my keys, heading out of my dressing room. I tried calling her again, but still no answer. I swiftly left the building, getting into the car. I pulled off while dialing Ray's number.

"Hello?" He answered.

"I need your help." I stated.

"What's up man?" He questioned.

"Alisa is missing and I don't know where she is." I began.

"Say what now?" He snapped.

"She won't answer her phone and won't text me back. I'm getting frustrated." I added. He sighed.

"Where are you now?" He inquired.

"I just left work. I'm going to her house and see if she's there." I replied.

"Alright man. I'll call the others and we'll meet you there." He said.

"Alright. Bye." I stated before hanging up. I got to Alisa's house, quickly getting out. I jogged over to the door, seeing it cracked open. That made me panic. I went in, looking around.

"Alisa!" I called out. No answer. I heard talking outside, making me turned towards the door.

"Jay?" Someone called. Maria walked in, along with the others.

"Is she here?" Craig asked me.

"I just got here, but so far. No." I answered.

"We'll check upstairs." Char stated. The girls went upstairs and we checked downstairs. We looked throughout the entire house, but no Alisa. I was growing angry, knowing that something happened to my girlfriend.

"Did you find anything?" Craig questioned.

"We found her phone and bag in the hallway." Maria answered, handing me her things. I gripped onto them harder, heading for the door.

"Jake!" Ray called after me.

"Where are you going?" Craig asked.

Marion

I chuckled, caressing her cheek. She snatched away before giving me a death glare.

"What's wrong baby?" I asked her.

"Don't touch me." She said through her teeth. I kissed her cheek, making her jerk back.

"I warned you Alisa. You're still mine." I told her.

"Jacob can't save you now." I chuckled before kissing her lips. She pushed me away. I bit my lip at her feisty attitude before I could say anything, I heard commotion downstairs. I glanced at Alisa then at the door.

"JACOB STOP!" I heard Danielle scream. I dashed out of the room, heading downstairs. I heard crashing, seeing Danielle against the wall.

"WHERE'S ALISA!" He screamed with rage. He spotted me, growing angrier. Before you know it, I was on the ground. I held my nose as it stung badly. He grabbed ahold of my shirt.

"Where the hell is she?" He asked through his teeth. I punched him, pushing him away. He stumbled back and I charged towards him. I grabbed him, slamming to the floor. He groaned as I gave him a good hit. He blocked my last blow, catching me off guard and I fell back.

"JACOB!" I heard Alisa shout. I was scooped up by Jacob's friends. Slammed to the wall, one punched me in the gut. I groaned in pain as they held me against my will.

"STOP IT!" Danny begged. Jacob punched me in the stomach. I went down to the floor, weak. I saw Alisa run over to Jacob, hugging him tightly. Danny ran over to me trying to help me to my feet.

"Are you okay? Did he hurt you?" He asked, holding her face. She shook her head repeatedly. He kissed her before pulling her into a hug. I breathed heavily, pushing Danielle away. As soon as I stood to my feet, I was pushed against the wall again. I winced in pain as I looked into his eyes.

"I'm sick of this bullshit. Alisa is mine. You two are done, so leave her alone. If you pull this again then you're dead nigga." Jacob said. Alisa pulled him away, dragging him out of the door. I sighed to myself.

"Marion." Danny called.

"Leave me the hell alone." I stated sternly. I looked at the ceiling to keep the blood from dripping out of my nose. I'm sick of running after Alisa, but I miss her...I want her....and I need her. She's the love of my life and the fact that I see her with some other nigga? I can't take it anymore. I just can't.