Xscape

The One That Got Away

Chresanto

She held onto my hand as we walked through the grassy field. It made her feel alive and well. It made her feel free from all of the pain that she's been going through. I love to see her happy...I love to see her smile. She's like an innocent child who just needs someone to be there for her...love her and cherish her. At one point, I thought was the one who I could hold onto, the one I could love and cherish...but sometimes it's all just a phase. I haven't talked to her since the day she came by the restaurant. I still miss her and she's still my best friend...I just need her to show me.

"Chres?" Jasmine called innocently. I turned my attention to her as we sat on the grass. She picked at it while looking down at her feet.

"What was your first kiss like?" She asked me. I was shocked for a moment but managed to chuckle a little. She smiled then waited for an answer.

"Uh...my first kiss was kinda weird actually and it didn't go as well as I thought it would be." I stated. She giggled then replied.

"What happened?" She questioned.

"Well! Back in High school, I had this huge crush on this girl I knew. I didn't know her like the back of my hand but I did talk to her a couple of times during the day." I began. She remained silent and I continued.

"Uh. One day, I decided to gather my balls and asked her out." I added. She laughed a little at what I said, making me laugh as well.

"Friday, we went out to the movies and we actually had a good time, until her ex showed up. He got pissed off and tried to fight me in the theater. We got kicked out and I was extremely embarrassed. She ended up going home with him, but before she left. She kissed me." I finished.

"Wow! That's was weird. Why would she leave with her ex?" She asked in a confused tone. I shrugged my shoulders.

"She was kinda weird herself. I don't even know what I saw in her really." I stated, making her laugh. I smiled because it just keeps brightening my day.

"What about you?" I asked her. He smile faded as she looked down at the ground.

"I-I actually never had my first kiss." She said to me. I was shocked at the highest level, not wanting to believe her.

"Are you foreal. How come?" I inquired.

"I was always in and out of school for one. Being sick and all, plus no boy at school talked to me. I never had a date and I never had a boyfriend." She said with a straight face. Now I really didn't want t believe her, but the way that she was looking, she wasn't lying at all.

"Why? You're extremely beautiful to me." I said truthfully. She blushed while putting her head down. I moved a little closer to her and lifted her chin with my hand. She stared into my eyes as I leaned towards her. My lips pressed against hers and she kissed back, placing her hands on my face. I pulled her into my lap without breaking the kiss and intwined our fingers together. She pulled away and smiled.

"Now you've had your first kiss." I told her proudly. She giggled then laid her head on my shoulder. I wrapped my arms around her waist and took in everything that just happened. Maybe this is something trying to become stronger.

Craig

Me and Ray laughed at the girls, watching them go crazy over the things they saw in the store. We were downtown, walking the streets and sorta window shopping. Maya tugged onto Char's shirt, pulling her to some store she spotted. Char couldn't stop laughing while she pulled onto Maria. I shook my head then turned towards Ray.