Chapter XVII

If Only You Knew

Tuesday Afternoon, August 10th

Jacob

I sat on the edge of the bed, looking down at the floor. It's been three months and nothings changed...only gotten worse. Alisa and I are on break for now. She went back to her place and I haven't talked to her in about two or three weeks. When we do talk, it's usually at the studio when we're doing shoots...and even then, we still argue about stupid shit. People even notice how far apart we've grown. Her and Austin though are still hanging out with each other. They're almost like a couple. Every time I asked her about that kiss they shared, she would always tell me that he was caught in the moment she was going to push him away. Just more bullshit added on. Why am I still holding onto her, when I can just easily let her go? Because letting go is one of the hardest things to do in life....especially if you're letting go of something that meant something to you. Looking back at everything we've been through. The hell that I went through just to make her mine and I guess Karma has kicked my ass because I'm losing everything...her. She is my everything. Times like this is when I need the number one person who's been my back bone for years. Danielle. If she was here, things wouldn't be so hard and I would probably look better than I do now. I haven't ate in days, slept in weeks...missed work some days too. Why? Because of a woman. Who has me wrapped around her finger and playing with my heart whenever she feels. My life has been hell.

I looked up, watching the sun fall through. It wasn't making anything better. In fact, I wish it would rain, just so it would go with my mood. I laid back on the bed, thinking of Robyn. Ever since that kiss, I haven't talked to her. That was three months ago. She probably hates me now. She was right about what she said though and I did her a favor of never coming around again...at least for awhile. I thought about her eyes, hair soft skin, her perfect smile and beautiful personality. I could never get her out of my mind....even when Alisa was around. I miss her a lot. She's like Danielle...always there when I need her and it's amazing how we clicked.

I needed to leave this place. I slipped my slides on and grabbed my keys. I walked out of the house, getting into my Jeep. I started the ignition, soon pulling out of the driveway. I looked towards my house. It was now haunted, full of so many terrifying memories. I shook my head, driving away. Minutes later, I pulled up to the beach. I looked up from the stirring wheel, seeing a figure walking along. By the curly hair and curvy hips, I knew exactly who it was. I sighed, getting out of the car. I closed the door, standing there for a couple of minutes. I stuffed my hands into my pockets, slowly making my way over. She had her back turned, standing there, letting the wind have at it with her hair. Her skin still glowed. I blew air in frustration.

"Robyn." I softly called. She slowly turned, her eyes glued to mine. I could see the hurt and anger in her eyes. She quickly looked away from me, looking down at her bare feet as she gripped onto her arms.

"Where did you run off too?" She asked in a low tone.

"No where." I answered.

"Do you always disappear like this?" She asked.

"Robyn." I began.

"Three months Jacob." She started.

"You just up and left." She stated.

"I'm sorry Robyn. I just needed some time to think, okay." I began.

"About how to get back with Alisa, right?" She questioned.

"The hell is that supposed to mean?" I snapped.

"Why can't you just open your eyes, JACOB!" She grew angrier.