Xscape

If Only You Knew

Saturday, August 16th | The Baby Shower

3:40 P.M.

Maria

Jhona and I were fixing up the tables while Chres blew the balloons. We were too excited for this baby shower. I know I was. We've been planning it forever and now the time has come...then after that, only two more months before they get here and I cannot wait. I'm going to be the aunt that spoils them both.

"Oh my goodness. This is so exciting." Jhona squealed while placing pink strings around the table. I placed teal green strings around the other table. Pink and teal. A boy and a girl.

"Show of hands who thought Char would have twin boys." Jhona began. The guys raised their hands, including me. We began to laugh aloud while Jhona shook her head.

"Twin girls?" She asked. She raised her hand. Before anything else was said, we heard a loud thud.

"What happened?" I asked them. Ray tripped, stumbling over, letting go of the banner.

"Got a little bit too excited." He answered while getting up. Jacob shrugged and I chuckled.

"Just don't tear it up." I said.

"Or Craig's gonna beat that ass again!" Chres joked. Jay began to laugh and Ray kissed his teeth before pushing him.

"The fact that she's having a boy and a girl, we can set this shower up both ways." Jhona stated.

"So It's a win, win!" I chimed.

"We better hurry up. They'll be here in a minute." Chres said while getting up.

"Wait. We're almost finished with the tables." Jhona whined. I finished fixing up the boy's side, backing away. I smiled, looking at my work. Chres limped his way over with a few balloons in his free hand and I helped him place them around this side of the room. It was divided in two. One side was pink with a banner saying "It's A Girl"! and the other was teal green saying "It's A Boy!" ...since Char loves green so much. Plus, blue and pink are so original. I checked around to see everything. I smiled at the huge banner, Jacob and Rayan put up. "TWINS!" I read to myself.

"We.are.done!" Jhona said happily.

"Now Ray, Maria and Jacob. Help me get this cake inside." She said while grabbing her keys.

"And Chres baby, you get the cupcakes and ice cream." She ordered. He limped into the back where the serving room was and we followed Jhona out of the building to her car.

"You kept the cake out here in this heat?" Ray asked.

"It's in a cooler crazy. Why would I do that?" She chuckled. She unlocked her door in order to open her trunk.

"That's a big ass cooler." Ray said.

"It's a special cooler. I use it when I have to make special deliveries for people with big orders." She said while unlocking it.

"And right now...Charmaine has the biggest one so far." She said, opening it. My eyes almost popped out of my sockets. Jacob let out long whistle as we stared at the ginormous treat.

"Damn!" Ray semi-yelled in disbelief.

"How long did it take you?" Jacob asked her.

"If I was still a beginner. It probably would have took a whole week, but it only took me a couple of hours to bake it." She explained.

"But the decorating was a different story." She giggled.

"I know my ass is coming back for seconds." Ray said, licking his lips. I laughed.