Xscape

All I Ever Need

A Week Later

2:16 P.M.

Chresanto

"So you think you can beat me huh?" She asked, dribbling the ball.

"Oh I know...wheels or feet." I smirked. She giggled, walking towards me. She leaned towards me, licking her lips.

"We'll see about that." She whispered. I watched her dribble the ball then threw it to the net. It went through and she turned to me....smirking. She strolled over to me, leaning down to my face.

"Two points for me." She whispered into my ear. I chuckled, pulling her down into my lap.

"Let me reward you baby." I said before pressing my lips against hers. She wrapped her arms around my neck, deepening it. She bit my lip, feeling my biceps before getting up.

"Come on. Two to zero." She said as she ran around dribbling. She was so cute in her fitted, pink shorts. White tank and her hair in a ponytail.

"Ready?" She asked me while sitting down in the wheelchair. I rolled behind the white line and held my hands out.

"Your ball." She said, tossing me the ball. I placed it in my lap and smiled while staring at her.

"Go!" I said, rolling away from her. She began to laugh while coming after me. I made my way over to the net and shot the ball in.

"Two to two baby girl. Don't underestimate the chair." I said, pointing at the chair. She playfully rolled her eyes, shaking my head.

"Whatever. Pass me the ball and watch boy!" She giggled. I chuckled, tossing the ball to her. She rolled around the court as I chased her for the ball. She stopped when I came closer to her. I reached for the ball as she began to laugh while holding onto the ball.

"NO! IT'S MINE!" She screamed while laughing. I laughed, rolling around her. I faced her and tried to pry her hands off of the ball. She continued to laugh aloud.

"NO!" She giggled.

"You can't hold the ball!" I chuckled at how silly she was acting.

"YOU'RE CHEATING!" She laughed.

"Says the one whose holding the ball hostage." I laughed.

An Hour Later

"I have to take you therapy again, tomorrow." She reminded me. I nodded, looking down at my hands.

"You're doing a lot better Chres." She continued.

"Soon you'll be learning to walk again on your own." She smiled.

"Can we try it right now?" I asked.

"Are you sure?" She asked me.

"Yeah." I simply answered. She gave me a small smile while getting up from the wheelchair. She stepped in front of me and held my hands. I slowly pulled myself up with her help.

"I got you." She told me. I stood there for a minute, afraid to move. It felt so weird.

"Whenever you're ready." She said. I looked down at my feet, sticking my right foot out.

"You got it." She said. I stuck my left foot out in front then followed by my right foot.

"Look at me." She said sweetly. I looked into her eyes, seeing nothing but faith and hope. I knew she believed in me and that encouraged me a lot.

"CHRES!" She said.

"YOU'RE DOING IT!" She screamed happily. I noticed that she was no longer holding my hands. I was alone and I was walking. Not like I used to but I was getting there. I looked down at my feet, watching them move.