Xscape

For You I Will

The Next Day

That Afternoon | 12:30 P.M.

Craig

"Craig give it back!" She growled. I laughed, holding it up higher. She gave me a death glare, reaching for it.

"Not until you talk to me Char." I stated. She sighed in frustration.

"Craig! Give me the damn remote." She snapped.

"Then talk to me baby!" I begged, putting my arm down. She snatched the remote out of my hand, quickly walking back into the living room. I followed behind.

"Charmaine" I called.

"What?" She answered.

"Why are you being acting like this towards me?" I asked, sitting next to her. She blew air in irritation, while flipping through the channels. I guess she got fed up because it was nothing on. She groaned, throwing the remote down. She then got up and walked out of the living room.

"Charmaine. What's the matter?" I whined, following her.

"Nothing." She simply said, going upstairs.

"Yes it is. Stop lying." I stated. I followed her into the room, closing the door behind me. She jumped on the bed, crawling under the covers and I got in as well then pulled her closer to me.

"Move." She demanded, pushing me away.

"Baby will you stop acting like this and talk to me dammit?" I snapped, pulling her back. She pushed me harder this time and we went at it. She tried her best to keep me away. I tried grabbing ahold of her arms but she managed to push me out of the bed. I hit the floor with a loud thud, groaning in pain. I heard her snickering a little.

"Oh you think that's funny huh?" I questioned, slowly getting up.

"That's what you get." She stated.

"Why are you acting like this? What did I do wrong?" I asked while sliding back into bed.

"Nothing, now leave me alone Craig." She replied.

"Stop lying to me. Something is wrong now tell me woman." I commanded, pulling her roughly towards me. She sighed, rolling her eyes. I caressed her cheek, turning her head to face me.

"You know that I love you right?" I questioned, looking into her eyes. She looked down, nodding her head. She got up, but I pulled her back to me, sitting her on my lap. I wrapped my arms around her waist, looking into her eyes.

"Your eyes are beautiful Charmaine." I said to her. Her cheeks arose, but she tried to fight it off.

"Don't fight it." I chuckled. She giggled, burying her face in the crook of my neck.

"I know why you're angry with me." I stated. She remained silent and I continued.

"Look at me baby girl." I softly demanded. She looked up, giving me her full attention.

"I know how you feel about Adrienne. I know that you don't trust her and I want you to know that I will never hurt you Charmaine." I began to explain.

"If you don't trust Adrienne, then I don't trust her either. If you don't want her around, then I don't want her around baby." I continued.

"I love you too much to lose you and I refuse to let you go that easily." I finished. She smiled, slowly pressing her lips to mine. She held my face as I gripped her waist tighter. She pulled away and replied.

"Thank you." She said. I pecked her lips.

"Anything for you." I replied.

"I love you too." I told her.

Jacob

I sat and thought about Alisa. I couldn't believe her. I thought what we had was real and yet she did this to me? I caught her. She lied to me, right in my face. Why? What have I done wrong? The door opened and Charlie walked in with Madelyn. She gave me a small smile, sitting next to me. I looked at Madelyn as she nibbled on her tiny hands while looking around.

"How are you holding up?" Charlie asked. I hesitated to answer, looking out of the window.

"It's hard to believe right now." I began.

"Jay. If I may?" She started. I looked towards her, waiting.

"I don't think Alisa did anything wrong." She stated.

"Charlie...She cheated on me. I saw her with my own two eyes." I stated.

"Jacob, Alisa loves you too much to hurt you that way. If anything she probably did whatever she did to get your attention." She explained.

"For awhile now, Jacob I've watched you completely throw her out of the picture. I understand that you're here, helping me take care of our baby, but you got to learn how to balance things out. You've been through hell and back in order to get with that girl. And you just completely ignore her." She lectured.

"Since when was the last time you've actually talked to her? Actually seen her? Not including yesterday." She inquired. I thought to myself, thinking about it.

"Damn." I whispered, realizing that she was right.

"My point exactly." She said.

"But what about last night?" I asked. She smiled, placing her hand in my mine.

"Jacob I will always love you, but last night, you were confused and hurt. You still love Alisa and you need to go get her." She demanded. I looked towards the window again, realizing how much I love Alisa. She was right. I stood to my feet and kissed her forehead.

"Thanks." I said to her. She smiled and I kissed Madelyn's cheek before leaving.

That Evening | 5:22 P.M.

Rayan

The door opened, revealing Maria. She sniffed multiple times and right then, I knew she had been crying. Without saying anything, she reached for me. I picked her up into my arms after stepping inside. She was so like it was amazing. I closed the door behind me then headed up the stairs.

I opened the door to her room and laid her in the bed. Kicking my shoes off, along with my jacket. I got in with her. She continued to cry silently, not saying a word.

"Maria." I called softly. She looked up at me. I wiped her tears away, pulling her closer to me. I held onto her tight, kissing her forehead.

"I l-love you Ray." She managed to get out.

"I love you too and I always will baby girl." I told her. She buried her in my chest. I pulled the covers over our bodies, speaking again.

"Get some rest baby." I stated.

Early That Morning | 2:40 A.M.

Jacob

She stood there, sniffing. I knew she had been crying and that's my cue to step in. I invited myself inside, staring at her as she backed away. I closed the door behind me, still focusing on her. I moved closer to her, smelling the strawberries on her breath. I caressed her cheeks with my hands before pulling in for a kiss. She slowly kiss back, wrapping her arms around my torso. I pulled away just a little.

"I'm sorry. I told her. She sniffed, still crying...quietly.

"I'm sorry. I'll never ignore you again okay." I stated truthfully.

"I love you." She cried.

"I love you too baby girl." I said to her. My fingers ran through her soft, loose curls as she continued to sniff over and over again.

"Please stay with me." She pleaded. I picked her up as if she was a child. Light as feather. She laid her head on my shoulder as I made my way upstairs to her room. I closed the door behind me then laid her in the bed. I took my things off, joining her. She snuggled up next to me as I wrapped my arms around her.

"Get some rest." I told her before closing my eyes.