Xscape

Simple Issues

Chresanto

"Chresanto." My boss called.

"Yeah!" I answered while continuing to wipe the counters off. He gestured me to come over and I did. He pulled me into the back before speaking up.

"Uh! Jasmine won't be here for awhile." He began saying in a low tone. I raised my eyebrow, curious of the reason. I didn't want to seem noisy but I really wanted to know.

"Is everything okay?" I asked him. He hesitated for minute before answering my question.

"She was in a car accident last night while on her way home. She passed out and collided into two cars." He explained to me. At that point, I felt weak in the knees. I knew something was up with her. I blew air loudly then spoke up to my boss.

"Is she okay?" I interrogated. He sighed aloud then answered.

"She did manage to get through, but she will be out for a good minute. She has a lot of recovering to do." He explained. I nodded my head, not saying another word. He placed his hand on my shoulder before walking back into the kitchen. I slowly made my way back towards the front and leaned against the counter. I crossed my arms, thinking to myself. Jasmine is so sweet, yet something terrible is bothering her. I feel sorta bad about it. If I would've known that something was up with her, I would've took her home myself, but no one knows about her...except her. I noticed that customers began to come in, taking me out of my thoughts. I shook my head a little then focused back on the business. I need to dig deeper and find out about Jasmine.

Jacob

My eyes fluttered open as I heard a faint vibration. I looked over towards the nightstand, realizing that my phone was going off. I groaned while reaching for it. I glanced at the caller ID, seeing and unknown number. I answered it and put it to my ear.

"Mm, hello?" I answered in a sleepy tone.

"Wow, don't you sound sexy this morning." She stated with a giggle. I looked over at Danny who was sound asleep in my arms then focused back on the call.

"Charlie?" I asked. She giggled again then answered.

"Where have you been baby?" I miss you so much. Come home please." She begged. I sighed aloud then slowly removed myself from the bed without waking up Danny. I placed the phone back to my ear while walking out of the room.

"What do you want Charlie?" I asked sternly.

"You baby. Stop playing these games with me." She said to me.

"No one is playing games but you Charlie." I said to her.

"You know you want this Jacob. I wish you would stop denying it." She said before giggling. I blew air in frustration then replied.

"Don't call me anymore." I said sternly before hanging up. I gripped onto my phone tightly then headed back into the room. I noticed that Danny was up, stretching her arms into the air. She met eyes with me and smiled. I placed my phone back onto the nightstand then hopped back into bed.

"Good morning." She greeted sweetly before pressing her lips to mine.

"Good morning beautiful." I said to her with a smile.

"How did you sleep?" She asked me while getting up.

"I slept wonderful. How did you sleep?" I questioned her as I watched her walk into the bathroom.

"I slept really good. It was amazing." She said to me. I chuckled then looked around the room.

"Are you okay?" She asked me. I looked her way, realizing that she was looking dead at me. I put on a fake smile then replied.