Chapter VII

Unwritten

July 2014

Charlie

"How about Natasha Perez?" I asked the nurse. She chuckled as she pushed the needle into my arm. They no longer bothered me and yet, I still can't find the reason why they would give it to me everyday.

"You have some mind Ms. Chesterfield." She stated to me.

"One day we will have a family. As soon as I get out. We're going to have two kids. A boy named Jacob Jr. and a girl named Cloe." I said proudly.

"I thought you said Natasha?" She asked me. I shrugged and chuckled.

"Or Alice. Oh! What about Macy?" I asked while smiling. She chuckled while shaking her head. She walked out and I frowned. No one believes me that I'm going to have kids by Jacob Perez. But I'm going to prove them wrong one day. It didn't work the first time. I remember when we made love. They very first night I met him. He was so gentle with me, it was amazing. I miss him holding me in his arms. Him whispering sweet words in my ear. Him smiling and telling me how beautiful I was. I miss it all. I yawned as my eyes began to grow heavy. I keep forgetting that the medicine I was given was suppose to put me to sleep. I laid back in bed as I began to think about my days here in this dump. It was hectic at first but now I'm just sitting here...day and night. Counting the days when this will be all over. When I will be with my love and we will become one. I smiled to myself, thinking about the love of my life. He's so beautiful it kills me inside. My eyelids became heavy, eventually closing. Goodnight world.

Rayan

I smiled, smelling the sweet strawberries fill the room. She rested her head on my back, giving it a quick peck. I looked out at the quiet neighborhood, watching people quietly go on about there day.

"Whatcha' thinking about love?" Maria whispered.

"Life baby. Life." I replied.

"What about life?" She asked me.

"It's just amazing. You don't know what it brings. You just have to wait and see. And when you do, you have another challenge, waiting for you. And you have a choice to make. Either you go for it and get through the day or you just sit there and let it crush you." I explained.

"Mm. You really do have a way with words." She said to me. I chuckled as I looked back towards the neighborhood. I spotted a car pulling up and someone got out. I groaned while rolling my eyes.

"Ah shit!" I complained. Maria giggled and responded.

"Be nice today." She said while walking away.

"Why life had to bring her ass?" I stated bluntly, stomping my feet as if I were a two year old. She giggled and replied.

"Wise man once said, That life's a challenge." She stated, referring to me.

"She's not a challenge. She's just a dumb ass obstacle that keeps getting in the way. She's like one of those orange cones you see in the middle of the road. You know what I do to those cones Maria? I run they asses over that's what I do." I snapped. She laughed harder.

"Seriously. Ray baby calm down." She stated while walking out of the door. I kissed my teeth as I followed behind. I really wasn't going to put up with Michelle today. She makes me sick to my stomach. She ceased her talking once she saw me coming downstairs. The whole time, she eyed me down as if she never seen me before.

"Take a picture. It'll last longer." I said bluntly. She scoffed then replied.

"Kiss my ass." She snapped.