Luke

Hell what was that, I seen it too. Hazel was getting scared, grabbing her to walk in front of me to the Jeep.

"What do think it was, Lucas?" She asks getting into the Jeep. When I get to my side I then answer her question.

"To be honest Haz, I don't know what it was." I tell her starting up.

"Okay, then. I am changing the subject. So I have got to get a job this summer." She tells me pulling her legs in Indian style.

"So where are going to get one?" I ask half hearty. Thinking back to my dad ragging on me to get one.

"I done got one waiting tables at my uncles Saddle Club." She tells me rolling down the window.

"Is that the one in Red Hill?" I ask because that is where my cousin rides his horses.

"Yes, I start Monday." Damn that means that I only have her to myself for  two more days. As we are pulling into the Hardee's parking lot I look over at Hazel and wink, getting out and coming around to let her out.

"God it is to hot for May." She tells me stepping out. I'll admit it's weird walking in holding hands with Hazel.

"What can I get you?" the cashier ask us, looking up at me.

"You go first." Hazel says to me stepping back.

I order a hamburger and chili fires and a coke to drink. When it is Hazel's turn she gets a chocolate ice cream, fries and a bottle of water.

"That's a weird combination." I tease her. Grabbing our bag of food and opening the door so she can walk out in front of me.

"So where do you want to stop and eat?" I ask her as she steps into the Jeep and I hand her the bag and walk around to get in on my side.

"It's up to you." She tells me looking over.

"You want to head back to your place." I ask done pulling onto the road.

"Sounds good to me." She tells me laying her head on the window. Chuckling I look back at the road.

"What's so funny?" She ask raising her head slightly. God she is beautiful.

"You." Is all I can tell her. Pulling into Hazel's driveway, her neighbor from across the street comes over to her side of the Jeep.

"Hazel sweetheart are you expecting someone?" the women ask Haz as she opening the door. 

"No, mom and Drake are gone it's just us." She tells her neighbor getting out of the Jeep and shifting closer to me she is getting nervous, so I grad the bag from her and lace my other hand of fingers through hers.

"Hazel I think you and him need to get in the house,lock the door and maybe you should leave on the lights." She tells Haz as she starts to edge back to her house.

"Thank you." Haz tells to her neighbor, looking back to me she is nervous. And then it starts to rain.

"My life, I love it." She tell me between laughs, running to the front door, opening it and stepping in and locking it behind us.