Hazel

I wake up and I am all by myself. In York's bed and I can't see shit.

"Hazel it's 5:45 I got to get to work." He tells me walking in the room with a towel around his waist.

"Is Drake home?" I ask sitting up and grabbing my glasses.

"He ain't baby girl, I'm sorry." He tells me giving a quick kiss on the forehead, as I am walking through the door and to the bathroom.

After I get out of the shower I know that York's is gone. It's only 6 and I am all by myself. Walking into my room I crank up the radio and it is the one and only Craig Morgan sings Wake up Loving You. I start getting dressed when I hear someone knocking at the door, so I grad a flannel and run to the door. At first I see Beth running around my yard one pig tail up and one down, to top it all of she is wearing ball shorts and a tank top. Opening the door she races into the house giving me a big hug.

"Hazel. Mommy is gone, so is Daddy. They are gone. I haven't seen them all day." She says as I pick her up and Luke walks in. Sitting her down on the island, I tell her to sit there a minute. I pull him into the laundry room. 

"Sorry baby. I got some last night ....  and my mom was in the living room crying, I took her to bed. Checked on Beth and k guess I fell asleep. We wake up and mom's gone." He tells me pacing back in forth in this extremely small space.

"And I didn't know what to do with Beth. But I see I mean I know you have to work today." He then says leaning on the closed door. Getting up from sitting down on the washing machine.

"Luke it's okay. Go find your mom. I'll take Beth to work with me, she'll love the animals." I tell him standing on my tiptoes to give him a kiss on the cheek.

"Oh man. I love you." He tells me grabbing me up and giving me a breath taking kiss.