Hazel

As Luke is pulling out of the drive way, I walk to the mail box and grab yesterday's mail. When I get back into the house, I see Cameroon and Drake eating cereal.

"Hey guys." I says putting the mail on the counter and going to my room to get ready, but I stop before I reach it. Instead I walk over to York's room and slowly open it.

He is laying there. Snoring snd laying half way off the bed. I guess the coffee didn't help him.

"York." I say turning to push him back up on the bed.

"Hey baby girl." He says touching my face and hair.

"Hey buddy, come on let's get you on the bed." I say when he finally opens his eyes fully.

"Sorry." He says moving over so I can sit on the bed next to him.

"About what?" I ask looking over at him.

"I got drink last night." He says rubbing his hands through his hair.

"I know but were you okay?" I ask him with a smile before standing up.

"Your mom called." He says sitting up.

"I know she called me." I says looking down  and then back up.

"What did she say to you?" He ask looking up at me.

"Just that she is coming home not that I believe here." I say giving him a small smile then I add,"What did she say to you?" I ask him.

"Nothing to worry about." He says also giving me a small smile.

"Come on tell me York." I say looking down at him with pleading eyes.

"Just that she knew I was fucking her daughter. She was pretty missed up." He says trying to make me not cry.

"Why would my own mother say that about me." I say choking back tears.

"Hazel baby, cause she doesn't know how amazing you are." He says standing up and pulling me into a hug.

"I am sorry she said that to you." I say looking up at him.

"You don't need to be sorry." He says giving me a kiss on the forehead.

"She is an awful person, York." I say into his chest.

"I know that baby, but you aren't." He says lifting my chin to look at him.

"Thank you." I say stepping away from him and smiling.

"So what are you gonna do today?" York ask laying down on his bed.

"I am going to go to work, what about you?" I ask from the door way.

"Yeah me too." He says stretching in his bed.

"So I'll see you tonight?"  I ask walking into the hallway.

"Yeah." He says quietly being that I am walking away.