Luke

After leaving Beth with Hazel. I head to the country club, to look for my mother and hopefully find my dad while I am at it. Leaving Beth with Hazel was easier then I thought it was going to be. Hazel said she was going to stop by my house to dress Beth. When I was watching her with Beth I realized just how much I love the both of them. As I am pulling into the parking lot I see my mother BMW.

Shit my mom is probably in there getting hammered and ifs not even 8 o'clock in the morning.

As I walk in I notice that nobody is at the front desk and that's weird, then I notice everyone is looking over at something.

"Oh god, Luke I am so glad you are here. Your mom is passed out." Says some women I think I know and pulls me too my mother.

"Alright thank you. I've got her." I tell everyone picking up my mother and walking out of the building. Once we get to my Jeep I hear her mumble something to me.

"Mom you have made a fool out of yourself today." I tell her sitting her down and walking to my side to get in.

"Don't talk to me like young man." She says slapping me across the face.

"Mom. You scared Beth half to death. Don't every touch my again." I tell her trying to stay calm as we pass the gate to exit the club.

"Yeah where the hell is my daughter?" She ask beating on the glove box.

"With Hazel." I reply when I come to a stop at the red light.

"With that little whore. Great my daughter is going to become a hoe. Working the streets." She yells. "Luke you could do much better."

"Don't go there." I tell her turning on the radio.

"I am going there." She says turning it off.

"Don't." I tell her rolling down the window.

"I am going there." She says one more time.

"Stop." I tell her pulling into the drive way getting out and going to her side and opening the door for her. As I start walking away I hear her cussing under her breath.

"What?" I and turning around to glance at her, she is still sitting in the Jeep.

"Lucas it seems that I can not get out by myself." She yells to me.

"I am coming." I tell her turning around to walk back to her.

"Hurry." She yells looking around.

"Just get out ma." I yell back to her.

"I don't have on shoes." She whispers back.

"God damnit ma. Walk bare foot for like two seconds." I tell bet leaning against the Jeep.

"I cannot and I will not. Carry me to the door right this instant." She tells me like I am actually going to do it.

"Can't do it Norma." I tell her leaning back farther so the Jeep rocks a little.

"Lucas Dewayne, right this minute." She says as soon as I start to walk away.

Walking to the front door I hear my door slam and my mom comes running in the door cussing.