Forty Two- Lovers Quarrel

| Wednesday, December 14 2016 |

(Taehyung's POV)

Jin and I stood by the river side cleaning and polishing weapons. We were silent for a long time. I was upset with him and he knew it. He dared not say a word to me.

I couldn't believe him. How could he have kept something so important from me? Was he going to leave me now? All because he was betrothed at birth? He never even told me he was a baron's son before we met. Come to think of it, he never told me much about him. I only knew him from the moment he became my servant. I told him everything. He knew every possible thing there was to know about me. So, why didn't I receive the same respect?

I watched as he placed the sword he was cleaning back in its hold and removed another to clean. He knelt by the water and rinsed it with a wet rag. He glanced back at me with a timid, sad look on his face. I quickly looked away. It annoyed me. He annoyed me. How he acted so innocent in this whole situation.

The way they laughed together and smiled at one another was repulsive. He showed that Estella was obviously a soft spot for him and he acted like it meant nothing. Like all of it was just child's play. "Ugh," I accidentally let aloud.

Jin looked back at me. "What?" he asked.

"Nothing," I snapped.

I ignored him as he stood up and came to me. "Taehyung."

I didn't say anything.

"Taehyung, what is wrong with you? You've been tense all day."

I laughed. "Like you don't know." I looked up at him now.

He frowned at me. "No. I don't. So, how about you tell me."

It infuriated me. I felt a fire light inside me. "Figure it out on your own. How about you go ask Estella? I bet she could help y-"

"That's what this is about?" he looked at me upset. "Why are you so upset about her? She hasn't done anything to y-"

"But, it's not about the fact that she did anything. She didn't do anything. You did."

His eyes narrowed at me. "And what did I do?"

"You kept your little secret this entire time. What? Did you not think it was relevant to tell your boyfriend tha-"

"Taehyung, stop this. I didn't tell you because I didn't think it was important. I thought she was dead and it wasn't getting in our way so why would I bother?"

"Oh, well she's alive and well now."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Tsk. I'm leaving." I turned to walk away when Jin grabbed my arm gently.

"Wait."

I turned around and pushed him. He stumbled back into the water. I watched in anger as he emerged with a furious look on his face. It only angered me more. He doesn't get to be angry. This is his fault. He made me feel this way.

He then turned and began to trudge in the opposite direction. I wasn't done with him yet. "Where do you think you're going?" I demanded an answer from him.

"Away from you!" He screamed at me without looking back.

I quickly jumped into the water after him. I snatched him by his arm. "I'm not done talking to you!"

Jin whipped around quickly and in that turn, his fist met my face. I fell back into the water in shock.

"Stop being a jealous little school boy! Don't you realize I'm with you?! Not her! So, get your act together and get it together soon before that changes!" He screamed at me with such anger. There was a fire in his eyes. It challenged me. It made me livid.