Thirty Two- I Thought You Were Dead

| Friday, July 8 2016 |

"Wow! This place is amazing!" I spun around admiring the grand beauty of the palace.

The king laughed.

The palace was unlike anything I'd ever seen before. The hallways were bigger than my house alone. The chandeliers hung well over 20 feet above us.

"Why do the chandeliers light up when we walk under them?" I questioned curiously. It sparked my excitement even more. This place was magical. It was beautiful. Amazing.

"It signifies that you are pure and not corrupted," he explained.

"So, does that mean I haven't done anything wrong?" I asked.

He nodded. "You sound so desperate when you say that?"

"Would it be okay to say that I believe the chandelier is wrong about me?"

He stopped and looked back at me. "Why would you say that?"

"Because, I disobeyed my mother. She told me not to come here and I did anyway. I promised her I wouldn't."

He looked at me quizzically now. "Why wouldn't she want you to come here? Is she a fugitive?"

"I don't know why. Every time I ask her, she avoids my questions," I explained.

"Hmm," he looked away thoughtfully. "Come this way."

He led me into a grand room with a table that could seat over thirty people from what I counted. The room had a beautiful painting on the ceiling and windows that lined the wall parallel to the table. The white drapes were pulled aside to allow the light in.

"You look somewhat like my son," he smiled. "Actually, very much like my son, Taehyung," he explained.

"Really? Someone else actually had mistaken me for him today. That's so bizarre."

"Well, I suppose it was no coincidence then," he laughed. "You also look a lot like a woman I knew. A former servant of mine."

I smiled excitedly. "That was my mother! She used to work here. She said she used to cook for you."

He looked almost surprised. "Really? Then, I suppose I am correct to assume your mother is Astra?"

I nodded. "Wow. Out of all the servants you have, you remember my mother? She must've been really helpful to you," I smiled.

The king looked at me pensively. "She was." There was a moment of silence as he looked me up and down. Then, he asked "How old are you, Jungkook? Where is your father?"

"I am 19. And I don't have a father."

He looked at me with realization again before it disappeared. The king nodded in understanding. He seemed so interested in hearing about me. Like he was absolutely intrigued. It was a new feeling. I never really had anyone other than my mother to talk to. And she already knew everything about me. So, telling her something new was almost impossible.

"Well, Jungkook. It is a pleasure to meet you and I welcome you into the palace. You are welcome to stay as long as you like. At this moment I have business to attend to, so my guards will see you to a room. I will see you for dinner."