Thirty Eight- His Royal Highness and Her

| Saturday, November 27 2016 |

I woke up to the feeling of something soft and fluffy rubbing against my face. I opened my eyes tiredly to see Ambrosius's tail wagging in my face. He sat on the bed beside me looking toward the door. I looked over to see Taehyung walking in.

Behind him, I heard Hoseok. "Whoa! I wish my bedroom had this much space."

I sat up slowly.

"Hey," Taehyung smiled at me. "Arian sent us to wake you."

"Mmm," I stretched. "Okay."

Hoseok walked in along with the others. "Holy crap. Now this is a bedroom."

Yoongi and Jimin disappeared into my closet. "Dude!" I heard Yoongi shout.

"Guys, stop roaming around without permission," Taehyung spoke. "This is his room you know."

I shook my head. "It's fine. I was the same way when I first saw it too."

Yoongi popped his head out of the closet. "Can we try some of these on?"

Before I could answer, there was a knock on the door and then Arian stepped in.

"Good morning, Your Majesty. I see the boys have gotten to you. As well as Ambrosius," he knelt down as the cat ran to him.

"Is he yours?" I asked as I moved to the edge of the bed.

"Technically, he's everyone's. His mother is the palace pet. She just had a litter of eight so all the kittens run around the palace."

"Oh. So, that means I can keep him?" I smiled.

"Yes, if you'd like." Arian looked to the others. "I came to retrieve them so that your maid could come while they left you alone for a while."

"Maid?"

"Yes. She prepares you in the morning."

"Oh. Okay."

"Aww, but I was really looking forward to dressing up," Jimin pouted.

"We have clothes for you downstairs in your rooms. The maids are waiting for you."

"Ohh," Hoseok and Namjoon exchanged a look before disappearing out the door.

"Helena will be in shortly and she will take you to breakfast when you're ready."

I nodded in understanding and then the others left. Ambrosius looked back to me now and came over rubbing himself against my leg. "Are you hungry?" I leaned down to pet him. "Maybe you can come with me to breakfast."

Ambrosius meowed before hopping up onto the bed.

There was a knock on the door. I got up and walked over to it.

"Good morning, Your Majesty," a petite woman bowed to me.

"Good morning," I smiled at her. I opened the door more. "You must be Helena."

"I am," she replied.

She walked in with a tray of towels and other care products. "How are you feeling this morning? Would his highness enjoy a massage to start the day?" She looked at me politely.

"Oh, uh no, I'm fine. Thank you."

"Would you like me to start your bath for you?"

"Sure."

She walked away into the bathroom and not long after, the sound of running water filled the room.

I didn't know what she was supposed to do. I'd never had a maid before, so being taken care of was not something I was used to. Was she supposed to be like my mother?