Twenty Nine- Righting Wrongs

I walked down the street on my own in a land of thoughts. I still couldn't get my mind off of the note and Jungkook. I know Jungkook was being honest, but something still felt off to me. I thought about the paper again. What if Jungkook finds out what it says? What if they find out I know what the note says?

What if they find out more? What if the people after me are going to expose the fact that I know about my family's damnations? I can't let them know. It's too late to tell them. They'll never forgive me. He'll never forgive me.

My mind wandered back to that day. The day I, myself, was cast away. When I tried to right a wrong my father had made.

__Friday, January 10 2014__

I returned to my room in silence finally, after a long day with the council. My new life was tiring. It was busy and slow all at the same time. It was exhausting and exciting all at once. But, most of all, it was dull. It was lifeless. Black and white in a way I had never wanted it to be. The vibrancy of the hallways no longer caught my eye. The food I ate no longer tasted so amazing. Eventful parties no longer seemed so eventful. My light was stolen from me.

The only slight joy I got was from outings in the kingdom. Children adored me, young and older woman alike dreamed of me. The positive attention was enlightening, but it wasn't enough. Nothing could fill that emptiness that was left deep within me.

As I sat at my window seat gazing out at the night sky, there was a knock on my door.

I glanced to it carelessly. "What."

The door opened slightly and a young maid entered. In her hand, she held a silver platter with a selection of foods on it. The tray slightly clattered with the other things on top of it from the girl's slight tremble.

"Y-your majesty. I have brought you dinner." Her voice was weak and frightened.

I looked away from her. I didn't care if she feared me. I didn't care how rude I was anymore. No matter what servant they sent my way, no matter which maid cleaned and fixed my room, no matter what tailor tweaked my clothes, it wasn't good enough. It was different. It wasn't like his. It was a false forgery of his work. Of his perfection.

"Go away."

"Um o-okay. Would you like me to leave this he-"

"I said," I stood and looked at her. "Get out."

She looked at me with sad and terrified eyes before nodding and leaving without another word.

I walked to my vanity and sat down at it. I felt numb. I felt dead inside. I felt unreal. Like everything could just go on without me and my absence would not affect this world whatsoever. No one would miss me. The one person that actually cared, or noticed was gone. Ripped from my grasp.

As I gazed at my insipid reflection, I noticed it again. That disgusting resemblance I had to my father. I had my mother's eyes. And I had her smile. But, when I looked as I did now, my father and I were almost twins. I'd wanted all my life to be just like him. And then, I grew up. I realized what a cruel man he actually was. I realized I had wanted to be the wrong person my entire life. I despised myself for it. How could I be so foolish?

"Look at you, Taehyung," I laughed to myself. "Just like him." The same features. The same expression. The same attire. The same empty, bitter heart.

Pathetic.

I suddenly became enraged with myself. Why wasn't I doing something? I stood up and began to tear at my clothes.

"You pathetic excuse of an angel!" I ripped off my jewelry.