Chapter XXXIX

Joel's POV

"Shh...Shh..Shh.." I say and motion Sam to keep quiet as the Clickers run past us. I walk through the other gate that triggered the big one. I hear a shit load of zombies. Alright I gotta stealth through this. I shoot two of them with my bow. I lift myself onto something and I'm in another room. I loot some things and then jump down and there's more of the infected. I walk up some stairs. I go into another room and loot a little. I exit the room. I shoot a clicker with my arrow. I walk slowly and quietly around, and there's another infected. But this one I'm worried about.

I walk past him and I go into a play room and I see another clicker. I only have one arrow so I have to make this shot count. I pull the string back and let the arrow go and it hits the clicker right in the head. Bullseye! I bend down by the wall.

"Move it!" I command and I lift Sam up. He gets up and let's a ladder down for me.

"There we go." He says.

"Good job, kid." I answer and climb up the ladder. I walk down some stairs and through a corridor.

"Fucking thing!" I hear someone say but faintly.

"Is that Ellie?" Sam asks.

"C'mon." I answer and jump down. I hear gun shots and I see light flashing and then Henry comes running out followed by Ellie.

"Joel, that's them!" Sam says and we run to them.

"Sam!" Henry yells.

"Oh thank god." Ellie says. "We gotta keep running." I turn and there's a horde of infected that start running after us. Shit.

"Doorway - over there!" Henry yells.

"Run! There's too many of them!" Ellie says and we all run down the hallway and through the doors. I shut them.

"Ellie, get away from the door!" I order Ellie. Henry goes to another gate and starts pushing on it.

"Maybe if we push it together!" He says and I run to him and help him push on it. It doesn't budge.

"Sam!" Ellie yells and looks in the vent. "He just crawled through!"

"He what?" Henry asks frantically. Sam comes out the other vent. "Sam, what the hell are you doin'!?"

"Getting us outta here!" Sam answers his brother and he stands up and takes the pipe that's blocking us. He opens it and we run through it.

"Everyone upstairs. Let's go!" Henry yells and we run down the hallway and up some stairs, then we lift ourselves onto a ramp. Then we jump down again.

We keep running and we get into a room. Henry starts to body slam against a door.

"Damn things stuck!" He warns.

"Gimme a boost. I can get through that window." Ellie points out. Henry lifts both Sam and Ellie through the window.

"Open it from the other side!" Henry commands.

"Make it fast!" I say and turn to face the openings to the room because I feel like the infected are gonna come.

"Get ready." I say and Henry runs to me I see infected.

"Fuck. Here we go." Henry says.

We kill a whole lot of them and I hear the door open.

"Alright, move!" I yell and the door is just open a bit but Henry and I squeeze through it. I get outside and shut it again and push the soda machine in front of it. Henry and I are both gasping for air.

"Fresh air." Henry croaks.

"Oh..." I say and bend over catching my breath.

"Wha-" Sam says. "Look at this." He points to something on the wall we turn and look at it. Warning. Infected inside. Do not open.

"Oh, are you fucking kidding me?" Ellie complains. "Thanks for the warning on the other side, guys."

"So where's this tower?" I ask Henry. He walks down the stairs.

"We're close." He answers. "C'mon. Let's go." We walk down the stairs and walk straight. "Hey, how you doin' , little man? "That was a close one, huh?" Sam answers.

"Yeah. Not one of our finest moments, but we made it out."

"Yeah."

A/N

Chapter 39! I need to start making these chapters longer. Geez. But yay they made it out!! Oie. I think this is gonna be the last update for tonight. I might update tomorrow, I don't know.

Vote

Comment

Read

xx