Chapter LXI

Joel's POV

I hear Ellie start stirring in the backseat and I glance behind me. She glances at the clothes she's wearing, then at the ceiling of the car. "What the hell am I wearing?" She asks.

"Just take it easy..." I answer, "drugs are still wearing off." I assure. She wipes her eyes.

"What happened?"She asks, and I inhale.

"We found the Fireflies." I wake a deep breath. "Turns out, there's a whole lot more like you, Ellie." I continue. "People that are immune. It's dozens actually. Ain't done a damn bit of good neither."

Flashback

After Marlene put her hands up and walked towards me, I took out my gun and I shot her. Right in the stomach. I stopped breathing for a second, and I found a car. I put Ellie in the backseat, bending them at the knee and I walked back to Marlene
"Wait!" I remember her begging, pleading... "Let me go. Please." I glares at her and I raised the gun. "You'd just come after her." And I shot her in the head. I walked to the car, and I drove to Jackson.

End of flashback

"They actually st-" I stop mid sentence, remembering me shooting Marlene. I swallow. "They've stopped looking for a cure." Ellie closes her eyes for a brief moment, and opens them again. "I'm taking us home." She turns on her side, obviously disappointed. "I'm sorry."

A/N

Chapter 61. Lol this chapter is super super short. Idk why. Sorry for the awkward placing of the flashback, I just didn't know where else to put it. Chapter 62 will be up soon.

Vote
Comment
Read read read!

And maybe follow?

-Livi:*