Chapter LIII

Ellie's POV

I'm laying on the hard ground. I start to sit up and I rub my aching head. It's hard to get up so I turn on my side and I hear what sounds like sawing. I sit up on my knees and hold onto the cellar I'm in, watching what's being sawed. It's James, he chops the arm off of a dead person and pushes it onto the ground into a small pile of other human parts. "Oh..." I whisper backing away from the cellar and landing on my butt, scooting back. James goes to chop again but turns and looks at me. I look back at him with fear in my eyes. He makes a 'Psh...' Sound and walks out of the room, I crawl back to the gate and shake it. I keep shaking it but of course it's locked. I pace a little then go back to the gate, I shake it and then grab the chain and try to break it. Nothing.

David comes in with a tray of food. "How are you feeling?" He asks in his creepy voice. I look at him and back away from the gate.

"Super." I answer rather sarcastically. "Here." He says, pushing the food under the gate. "You should eat." I stare at the food in disgust, then look back at David. "I know you're hungry - been out for quite some time." I glare at him.

"What is it." He looks down at the plate.

"It's deer." He says, his voice sounding more deep and raspy. I glance at the food.

"With some human helping on the side?"

He has a quirky smile, and then he shakes his head. "No. No, I promise. It's...just the deer meat."

"You're a fucking animal." I bend down and eat with my hands since I have no fork. He bends down to my level.

"Oh. That's awfully quick to judgement. Considering you and your friend killed how many men?" I shake my head and look at him.

"They didn't give us a choice." I shovel some more food in my mouth.

"And you think we have a choice? Is that it?" I keep eating, now looking back down. "You kill to survive... And so do we. We have to take care of our own. By any means necessary." I swallow and look back up at him.

"So now what?" I ask. "You gonna chop me up into tiny pieces?" He chuckles quite scary. "I'd rather not." He implies, giving me another creepy quirky smile. "Please tell me your name." I shove the tray of food back to him.

"You're so full of shit." I stand back up, holding onto the bars. He looks up at me and picks the tray up.

"On the contrary. I've been ah," he stands up with the tray. "Been quite honest with you." He puts the tray to the side and faces me. "Now I think it's your turn. It's the only way I'm gonna be able to convince the others."

I squint my eyes at him. "Convince them of what?"

"That you can come around. You have heart. You're loyal." He walks closer to the gate. "And you're special." He puts his cold, clammy hand on mine and I flinch a little.

"Oh..." I look at his hand and then put my other hand on his. I look at him a little and then I break his finger. He let's out a scream of pain. I keep one hand on his and I try and reach for the keys in his pocket. He grabs my wrist with the other hand and he starts slamming my head against the gate. I fall down after 3 and he picks up the keys that fell.

I get on all fours. "Oh, fuck..."

"You stupid little girl!" He growls, holding his now broken finger. "You are making it very difficult to keep you alive. What am I supposed to tell the others now?" I wipe my bloody nose.

"Ellie."

"What?" He turns to me.

"Tell them that...." I swallow. "Ellie is the little girl..." My voice rises. "That broke your fucking finger!" He starts playing with his finger.

"How did you put it? Hmm?" He glares at me. "Tiny pieces?" He turns and walks to the exit. "See you in the morning, Ellie."

A/N

Chapter 53! I finally updated. You guys are so welcome. I have another snow day today ahah. I'm probably gonna update again. Thank you for 2.2k you guys are amazing!

Vote

Comment

Read

And maybe follow?

xoxo