Chapter XLIV

Joel's POV

Tommy grabs his gun off the desk.

"You still remember how to kill, right?" He asks me and he walks towards the door.

"Yeah..." I mumble and I follow him out the door.

I kill a few of them and I push forward, go through a room, and loot a little. I leave the room and I run up some stairs staying low and hidden.

I kill a few more guys and I go up some more stairs, followed closely by Tommy. I walk forward into a room and shoot a guy right there then go through a window and I'm outside and I hide behind a brick wall. A guy comes through what used to be a door and I shoot him then Tommy comes through. We both walk through the door and a guy starts hitting me but I shoot him. Gee thanks for the help, Tommy.

"You guys see anything?" One of Tommy's guys say.

"We got 'em." Another guy answers. "Let's get to the bridge." I hear Tommy's walkie talkie go off.

"Tommy! Bandits! They're breaking into the building." It's Maria. I hope Ellie's okay.

"Can you get outta there?" Tommy asks.

"No, we're trapped."

"We're gonna come to you. Just stay-"

"They're here. Ellie! Hide!"

"Maria?" I walk out of the room and I walk forward. I walk down some stairs and there's a shit ton of Bandits. I walk back up another flight of stairs.

I kill a whole bunch of bandits.

"That's all those sons of bitches!" One of Tommy's men says and we all go forward.

"We gotta get to the girls!" Another one says.

"Right behind you!" Tommy claims and we walk through a door. We walk out onto a balcony. "Joel, do your thing." I nod and I shoot two guys then we all run down some more stairs. I look into a room and I see Maria and Ellie shooting at some bandits. I help them.

I shoot about 5 guys and I walk to where Ellie and Maria were hiding.

"They're all dead." I hear Ellie point out.

"Tommy?" Maria asks.

"Maria!" Tommy says and runs to me.

"I'm alright!" Maria answers. "The kids with me!" Maria walks out of where they were hiding and Ellie follows her out.

"That was too damn close." I say and walk to Tommy. Maria runs to him.

"You okay?" Tommy asks.

"Yeah. Yeah I'm fine. I'm fine." Maria answers. Ellie walks to me.

"Joel! Oh man... They were coming in from every direction..."

"Okay."

"Then Maria was like 'we gotta run!'"

"Listen."

"And so we dove over these tables and this huge guy blasts in with this shotgun."

"Slow down. Slow down. Listen-"

"And then-" I grab Ellie by the shoulders and she stops.

"Hey, hey, are you hurt?" Ellie looks down and motions to her body and swallows hard.

"No."

A/N

Okay wow this chapter was really short. Chapter 44. I ended it because the next scene in the game is like after a while and I'm just gonna start a new chapter that's like a little while later. I'm not gonna update again tonight but I will tomorrow. If I don't.. Well I'm sorry.

Vote

Comment

Read

And maybe follow?

Bye!

xoxo