Nayeon and Jihyo: Time.

Author's note: This might be hard to read for the non-english readers because I used uncommon terms that would be back in the day so please comment if you're confused what It means! I'll have a little glossary. Also, Jihyo's name in most of this story is Jisoo. It is just for a better story name and because that's her real name.

Glossary.
Executed: Killed by law.
Fairest: Prettiest.
Maiden: Unmarried woman.
Absurd: Unbelievable.
Lynched: Get killed for doing something "bad" but not killed by law.

"Time, something even more valuable than money. Time, who knows everything. They say only time can tell but... What if it can't? Let's talk about the legends, Nayeon and Jisoo, who valued each other more than time, knew more than time did... Once upon a time, there were two girls. Their names were Nayeon and Jisoo. They were both born in 1896. Their parents were friends so they knew each other since birth. Girls liking girls was not a thing back in the 1800's but Nayeon and Jisoo knew their feelings for each other. It wasn't a sudden thing. It was very confusing for both of them.
Nayeon: Jisoo ah, do you know what it feels like to like someone?
Jisoo: Although I'm nearly 17, I have yet to like anyone. It is quite embarrassing.
Nayeon: Don't worry, you aren't alone.

During this time, being 16 was considered old and many girls were already married and some even had kids. There was lots of social pressure on the two girls. Mainly their family pushing them to get married. One day, they were 18 years old when they finally confessed to each other.
Jisoo: Nayeon, do you think it's possible for a girl to love another girl?
Nayeon: Those girls... They'll die alone.
Jisoo: I'll die alone then?
Nayeon: You mustn't speak nonsense like that around here.
Jisoo: I love you!
Nayeon: Shut your mouth. Seems like your loneliness has made you insane!
Jisoo: You know we both chose this road of loneliness together...
Nayeon:...
Jisoo: We're the fairest maidens on the land.
Nayeon: If you speak more, someone might overhear.
Jisoo: You do feel the same.
Nayeon: There are some things that we must keep to ourselves, so deep in ourselves that even we forget.
Jisoo: What's wrong with two girls liking each other?
Nayeon: If someone overhears, we will get executed.
Jisoo: Let's lead by example then. So the people after is don't live their lives lonely, like us.
Nayeon: I don't want to...
Jisoo: Then I'll leave you, and announce the fact that I'm in love with a girl to the world.

Jisoo starts to leave without looking back but suddenly she feels someone give her a back hug, it was Nayeon.
Nayeon: You're right. I chose this road to loneliness because of you. I love you but there's nothing we can do about it. But, a life without you is useless. I live for you darling.
Jisoo: Nayeo-
Nayeon: Don't say anything, lets just stay like this.

They sat on the green hills watching the sunset. Jisoo laying in Nayeon's arms. Little did they know, multiple people were watching. As Jisoo said before, they were the prettiest girls on the land. They attracted so many bachelors, even married men. Nayeon was paranoid the whole time for all the right reasons. A man, 35 years old, who originally wanted to marry Nayeon, followed them and witness everything; along with his younger who wanted to marry Jisoo. His brother was 34 years old. The older brother, Yoochun, couldn't believe his eyes. He looked at his younger brother, Hyunjoong, whose eyes were filled with anger. Outraged, Yoochun makes a suggestion to his brother.
Yoochun: Hey, you thinking what I'm thinking?
Hyunjoong: They love each other romantically! How absurd!
Yoochun: Yes, let's do something about it.
Hyunjoong: You don't mean...
Yoochun: Yes, I do.
Hyunjoong: Seems like a terrific idea.

They were planning to get the girls lynched. It was a horrific thought. They had the murders all planed out in a warehouse. But... One day, two young men entered the warehouse. It was JB and Junior. They were 20 years old at the time, the saw the paper and grew curious. They opened it and saw the scary sight that left them scarred. They were childhood friends with Nayeon and Jisoo. But, Junior looked at the reason for the execution then he looked at JB.
Junior: Love is killing them...
JB: No, time is.
Junior: How?
JB: Maybe far far far in the future, love like this will be accepted.
Junior: I guess men can't love each other like this either.
JB: No, let's love in the wonderful future I just mentioned.
Junior: How'd you know?!
JB: Our connection is just there but it's not acceptable, luckily we witnessed what they are ready to do to Jisoo and Nayeon so we know.
Junior: What do we do now?
JB: Get ourselves some wives.
Junior: But...
JB: Don't worry, they're in a situation like us and they're the prettiest girls out there.
Junior: Oh!!

JB and Junior go and try to find Nayeon and Jisoo. After finding them, they set up the proposal. JB and Junior were almost positive that they were going to be married men by that night but that's not what went down. The women rejected the offer.
Nayeon: Wow, I didn't know you cared this much about us. We're touched.
JB: Nayeon ah~ we'll all live such happy lives. We all understand each other.
Nayeon: Jisoo, what do you think?
Jisoo: Let's kindly decline.
JB: Why? It's perfect.
Junior: Only time can tell what will happen! Maybe we'll have children and they'll run around more freely than us. Maybe they'll turn out right.
Jisoo: No, time does not know what will happen but I do. We will live our lives in fear we will get caught. We'll understand each other but that is all. Children? Ha! As if. The people we want to lay our hands on, we are forbidden to. Eventually, it'll all lead to our deaths anyways. Nayeon and I can die proudly loving each other. I know that I will meet her in the next life and I will love her. I don't think time knows that.
Nayeon: Jisoo ah~
JB: What you are doing is suicide.
Junior: Let them be...
JB: Junior!
Junior: For all the times we have known them, don't they finally look happy?
JB: ...
Junior: I wish the best of luck to you.
JB: We will never forget you. Your story will live on.
Nayeon: Live your lives carefully.
Jisoo: You'll be needing the luck.
Nayeon: We know our time here is coming to an end.

Like that, they said tearful goodbyes. A week later, Yoochun and Hyunjoong summoned them. They were put in chains. All tied up.
Yoochun: Because I'm a generous man, I'll give you your last words.
Nayeon: You're going to die alone. You lived a bad life with bad intentions. Your future is no good. Seems like you'll get the worst punishment there is.
Yoochun: Do you really have a death wish?!!
Nayeon: I'll be dying anyways.

Hyunjoong: Do you have any last words, my lady?
Jisoo: I'm not your lady. Don't think you own me like that. You don't own anything. You'll grow up similar to your older brother, that's no good.
Hyunjoong: Don't act like you know everything!
Jisoo: I know more than you.
Hyunjoong: Is that why I'm getting the last laugh? Seeing you die! Haha!
Jisoo: That'll probably be your last laugh.

Hyunjoong was furious and shot her right in the head. Nayeon looked and tried to break out of her chains. She was also shot on the spot. People say that their love was so strong that there was no resentment for the two men who killed them. People say that they left in such a reasonable manner, they got a second chance at life. It was rumored they met again in this life."

"What happened next?" A kid asked. Jihyo has been telling a group of kids at the hospital a story. Jihyo laughed at the kid and just smiled. Then she went back home. Back home, there was someone eagerly waiting  for her. "Jisoo! Are you home?" Cried Nayeon. "Yes, and I told you I'm Jihyo now!" Jihyo corrected her. Nayeon apologized "Sorry, I like Jisoo better." Jihyo smiled and said to Nayeon "I told our story again." Nayeon laughed and answered "People are going to get sick of it. You make us sound like gods. You Should probably text JB and Junior because I think they started to keep track." Jihyo nodded and did so. JB and Junior, who also got a second chance at life, smiled and made another tally. "She has officially told the story 1001 times." Junior said shaking his head. All of them sighed and thought
"What a time to be alive."