Sana and Jihyo: Battle.

An ECG monitor is what keeps track of your vitals:

Just so you guys know because it's in the story. This has nothing to do with the story. The story starts below this.

-----------------------------------

Beep... Beep... Beeeeeeeep.
I heard those sounds so clearly. I quickly turned my head to look at the ECG monitor. There was a flat line. Jihyo's heartbeat had officially stopped.
"DOCTOR. DOCTOR. WE NEED A DOCTOR PLEASE." I yelled with all my might.
The doctors busted through the doors and immediately had people take me out.
"STOP. I WANNA SEE HER. LET ME STAY! I'M BEGGING YOU." I pleaded desperately. They ignored my words and took me out. I remember I was in panic but a nurse managed to soothe me saying "Please calm down... For Jihyo. Think of her."
I calmed down and started to think back, back to the beginning, where it all went wrong, and how this all happened.

When I first met Jihyo years ago, I remember thinking she was like a human doll. She was so out-going too, we got along easily. We were both part of an entertainment company called JYP. We had the same dreams obviously and might even be alongside each other for a long time.
"Hey, I'm Jihyo." She approached me and introduced herself first.
"I'm Sana from Japan." I told her nervously. At the time, I didn't know why I was nervous...
"Oh wow, you're Korean is great." She complimented. I got shy.
"Thank you." I replied and hid my face behind my hand.
"Well, see you around!" She left but I didn't want her too.

After that, I remember always spying on her. When she was practicing, I would watch. Watching her made my heart beat faster and faster but I remember ignoring it. Soon, I built up courage to talk to her. I always made an effort to get closer to her and my effort paid off when we became best friends but... I started to get greedy and want more.
Why am I like this? I thought to myself.

I started to get jealous of everyone near Jihyo, I wanted to be with her all the time. Every time I would do anything, I would invite her. It was usually eating though.
"Jihyo, wanna eat?" I'd ask.
"Uh, no... I'm on a diet." She would tell me but I never took no for an answer...
"I won't eat unless you do." I urged.
"Ah, alright."
I made her eat with me all the time. We both ended up gaining weight but Jihyo gained a little more than I did... The staff would always yell at her.
"Jihyo, you gained weight again."
"Jihyo, you won't debut at this rate."
"No one likes a fat girl."
I remember all the harsh things they said. It hurt me on the inside but I never had courage to stand up for Jihyo... I should have though. Jihyo was healthy but they kept insisting on her to diet. She did.

Eventually, we debuted together in a group called Twice. That's when Jihyo's diet got bad. I never saw her eat. I was so worried for her but too conflicted about myself to help her. I was confused about my sexuality. I would watch dramas and find myself attracted to the girl, I would only fangirl over other girl groups, and I would always want Jihyo. I wanted Jihyo so bad but I come from where it's not okay to love a girl. I distanced myself from her when she needed me.

Each promotion, she got skinnier but I ignored her. Even though, I was acting cold towards her... She always cared for me.
"Are you cold?" She would ask me.
"Have you eaten?" She asked even though she had not.
"Do you feel tired?" She asked me while she was worn out.
I fell deeper and deeper so I distanced myself more and more.

Recently, we've been busy with our schedules. We're promoting nonstop. We don't have time to sleep and all pur energy comes from what we eat but there was a member who wasn't eating... That was Jihyo. While we were practicing, I noticed her breathing hard. I wanted to go help her but my head was telling me no. I thought someone else would but no one else did... Jihyo fainted. Only then did I run to her. That's when everyone else did too. It was crazy. An ambulance came and started to do CPR on her. I freaked out.
"JIHYO, JIHYO AH. JIHYO. TELL ME YOU ARE OKAY. PLEASE." I tried to run to her but Momo held me back.
I watched as they pushed into Jihyo's chest. She was so skinny now, they must have broken some bones at least... They stopped and drove away with her in the ambulance.

We were informed that she had a cardiac arrest because she had become anorexic and her heart muscles are weakening but was okay and we could visit her. So all of us did. Everyday I did. The members stopped coming frequently after awhile but I went everyday. For some reason, they weren't discharging her. So I asked the doctor about it.
"Um excuse me, why isn't Jihyo getting discharged?"
"Well... She isn't getting better." He told me but I was confused.
"What do you mean?" I needed clarification.
"Her condition is getting worse everyday. She's refusing to eat. If this continues, she may have another cardiac arrest but if she does have another one... It will be much more dangerous this time. Please convince her to eat." He told me and started to cry. I can't lose her. I went back to her bed to talk to her.
"Jihyo..." I only managed to say her name.
"What?" She said sweetly with a smile.
"Jihyo..." I repeated.
"Sana, what is it?"
"Jihyo... Can you please eat?"
"No. I gain weight easily."
"Please."
"You know I've struggled with my body my whole life. I'm happy with it now."
"Jihyo."
"Sana, don't worry about me. I'll be okay." She patted my head.
"Jihyo, I love you." I admitted.
"I know, I love you too." She told me.
"No, like... As more than just a friend." I told her and tears started coming down.
"I know, I love you too." She wiped away my tears then held my hand.
"How do you know? You love me too?" I asked confused.
"I just have a feeling. My gaydar went off. Yes, I love you Sana but I thought I was making you uncomfortable because you seemed so distant." She said.
"Never. I'm sorry that I became distant. I was in denial." I started to cry more.
"Stop crying, I'm tired. I'm gonna sleep now, okay?" She said calmly...

She closed her eyes. At that moment, her hand that was holding mine let go. Then that's when her heartbeat stopped and I was assisted outside and reflected on everything. I remembered everything then thought about what I could've done instead.

I could've accepted that I was homosexual.

I should've confessed earlier.

I shouldn't have distanced myself.

I should have treated her better.

I should have helped her.

I should have loved her properly.

I sat there and thought for hours when the doctors finally came out.
"I'm sorry... She didn't make it this time." He patted my shoulder.
I couldn't say anything and just  stood there.

They held your funeral today, Jihyo. I looked at you one last time... You don't look like the first time I met you anymore but I loved you now and I loved you then. I gave a speech. Giving that speech and looking at you, I realized I really can't live without you... Let's go together.

*Sana runs in the street and a car hit her*
Boom.

Sana and Jihyo rest peacefully together.
-------------------------------

Author's message:
People battle with their weight and sexuality everyday. I made this story based on personal events. If you're ever struggling with anything please find someone to talk to because I know it's hard. If you have no one, I'd be happy to talk to any of you guys! Please live happy and healthy lives<3