Momo and Chaeyoung: The One I Left Behind

Chaeyoung's POV.
I remember the first time I met Momo. I honestly didn't like her at the beginning. I just pitied her because she didn't know any Korean and was hitting her own head trying to learn. I didn't do anything but draw anyways so I approached her and told her I'd teach her. Her face got red and she rejected me nicely. I knew she was embarrassed. I tried to get her feel more comfortable.
"Hey, just so you know... I'm 13 years old; that means I have 13 years of Korean language experience." I told her. She pulled out a seat and signed me to sit next to her. Everyday, I taught her. Weeks started to pass, then months, and eventually she didn't need me anymore. We became friends, best friends. We were always together and that's when I developed feelings. I think it was 2015 when I was sure about my feelings. To be honest, I always had a feeling she liked me too but she always confused me. She was so confusing. She always showed that she wanted me but she made it seem like a friendly gesture. I really gave up hope when she always talked about the guy she liked. It sounded like she was really in love, I envied him. She ended up dating him and I thought there was really no hope.
"Momo, do you really like him?" I asked her.
"Yes, he makes me happy." She told me.
"How happy?" I asked.
"He can never make me as happy as you, don't worry." She told me.

She was so confusing because she treated me like a lover but made sure I knew I was only a friend. She ended up setting me up with her friend Mina. Mina was very beautiful and we got along well. Mina ended up telling me something shocking.
"Chaeyoung, do you have have feelings for Momo?" Mina said out of nowhere in the middle of our date. I started to choke on the water I was drinking.
"What? Wait why? This is about us, not her." I liked Momo and I wasn't going to hide it but maybe I will from her best friend.
"Momo likes you." She told me calmly.
"What are you talking about? She's happy with her boyfriend!" I was in shock at Mina's words.
"Momo is my best friend. I know her very well. She doesn't have to tell me a thing and I already know. When She asked me to go on this date, I knew her intentions." Mina informed me.
"Are you sure?" I asked.
"100%." Mina said confidently.
"What do we do about it though?" I asked Mina who seemed so cool.
"Do you want to come out of the closet as a couple?" Mina asked.
"Are you crazy?!" I yelled.
"It'll happen sooner or later. Just let it happen now. Right after, we can go to an art school in Japan if you get your parents permission." Mina said and I just thought she was actually crazy.
"You really are out of your mind." I said as I stood up ready to leave.
"Are you really not interested? I said there's an art school. It's one of the best and I bet your parents won't stop you from going after they hear you're gay." Mina explained. I thought it was crazy and gave it a try. She was surprisingly right. I told my family I was gay and they disowned me... When I asked them to go to Japan, they gladly said yes and even paid for my ticket. I was very sad but I knew it was surprising for them. Hopefully it's better when I come back. I said my goodbyes to everyone but Momo. The last time I talked to her... I got very upset.

"Chaeyoung, do you sincerely like Mina?" She asked me randomly.
"I'm not sure yet." I told her, wanting her to know I don't.
"I will if you want me too but I won't if you don't." I continued to say. This was basically my way of confessing... Maybe she can stop me from leaving.
"Of course I want you to! I set you guys up." She started breathing hard and hesitated before saying that. I knew she liked me but I don't know why she didn't stop me.
"Okay then, don't regret this." Was all I could say since I gave her the chance and she lost it.

I left and the art school was very nice. Mina attended it too because she did ballet. She was my only friend. She always told me about Momo. There were so many things I didn't know. I was surprised. During the year, I missed everyone very much. My family called me often saying they miss me and want me home. The person I miss the most is Momo whom I haven't seen or contacted at all since then. I'm coming home to see her now. Hopefully things work out.

ATTENTION: Part 3 will be third person and will be about what happens when they finally meet.