MiNayeon: The Hurt Inside (2)

*Requested*

After a long day training, Mina went to her new dorm where there was something sitting on her bed. They were vitamins and a note.
"It feels much better to be giving you these rather than medicine. Let's start fresh. I've missed you..."
Mina smiled and Nayeon who was spying on her this time also smiled. Mina immediately started to search for Nayeon but little did she know that Nayeon was actually following her from behind. After a while, Nayeon stopped teasing Mina and gave her a back hug.
"Let's not hate each other this time." Nayeon suggested as a joke.
"Definitely not. Let's be friends?" Mina asked with a wide gummy smile. Nayeon returned the gummy smile and said "Let's be more than friends?"
"What?" Mina said in shock.
"I'm teasing." Nayeon reassured.

They became friends and practiced together like the old days but the difference was they were happier after opening up to each other. They stopped seeing each other as competition but more like friends. But after one short year, this all ended. JYP comes up with a survival show.

"Hello girls. I'm here to inform you today that from now on, you will all be competing in a spot to become a member of my next girl group. So if you want to debut, work hard."

Mina and Nayeon looked at each other and the pain was back. The guilt and pity they had for each other all came back. The hurt from inside came back. This time, the tables have turned. When they did ballet, Mina had done it longer and was better. Now, Nayeon had been a trainee longer and sings better. They didn't want to hate eacb other but they shouldn't be friendly towards each other so they didn't talk.

During the show, both of them were close to elimination. Every time that happened, they felt like they were gonna have a heart attack. Nayeon couldn't take it anymore. After a shooting for the show, Nayeon approaches Mina and put her hand on Mina's heart. Mina becomes flustered.
"What are you doing?" Mina asks defensively.
"Your heart is beating fast..." Nayeon noticed.
"And...?" Mina didn't know what Nayeon was trying to say.
"Were you scared?" Nayeon was talking about earlier when she nearly got eliminated.
"Of what?"
"When I nearly got eliminated." Nayeon clarifies.
"Well yeah, you're my friend." Mina said as she avoided eye contact.
"I think this goes further than friendship." Nayeon said honestly. Mina just stared at Nayeon for a while until Nayeon continued to say "I don't want to make the mistake we made as kids. I love you Myoui Mina. I don't want us to dislike each other over a competition."
"You're right." Mina agreed and smiled.
"I know I am." Nayeon said as she pecked Mina on the cheek.

Now that they were good again, they finished the competition with light hearts that lead the to both win. Now they are happy together in a group named Twice.