JIHYO x DAHYUN: Straight Girl (Real Series)

Real life story sent by a reader! Thank you for sending in stories! You can continue to!

This one must be relatable to some of you.

Jihyo was a conflicted teenage girl. Everything was already hard and confusing as it was but then the biggest obstacle came... Sexuality uncertainty. Jihyo couldn't come to terms with herself, she was confused like a puzzle with missing pieces but she found that missing piece... The missing piece was a girl named Dahyun who she had seen from afar. Dahyun's beauty instantly mesmerized Jihyo but it was only that fateful moment that Jihyo would see her face... or so she thought.

So Jihyo somehow didn't notice that Dahyun had been in her PE class the whole year... Good job Jihyo. Well anyways, when Jihyo saw Dahyun, Jihyo couldn't stop staring at her... then got hit in the face by a ball... Good job again Jihyo. (Just so you guys know, this is literally what was sent to me. So aren't y'all smart)

Jihyo was couldn't approach Dahyun at all but she wanted to, with all her heart she wanted to but it's hard. So Jihyo left her a note.

Hi! This is Jihyo, I just wanted to know I think you're cute. If you want to talk, talk to me here @/username.

Dahyun wasn't shy to talk to Jihyo. So they did. They grew really close. Dahyun even talked to Jihyo in person. Everything was great. Jihyo was even getting the feel that Dahyun might have had feelings too... Until she heard the conversation that would crush her dreams.

"Dahyun ah, can't you just tell me who you like?" Urged Chaeyoung.

"Okay, you can't tell anyone... okay?" Dahyun said.

"Of course not." Chaeyoung promised but Jihyo was still there listening the whole time.

"J- actually, guess." Dahyun teased.

"Starts with a J? Girl or boy?" Chaeyoung asked but it was a slick question because she was actual curious about Dahyun's sexuality.

"It's a guy! I'm definitely 100% straight." Dahyun got defensive.

"That's what someone who isn't straight would say." Chaeyoung was joking.

"Maybe I am then?" Dahyun played along.

"Honestly, you're such a flirt to girls." Chaeyoung let Dahyun know.

"Oh well I'm definitely straight. Jaebum, I like Jaebum."

Jihyo had heard enough and was heartbroken. To this day, she has still kept it all to herself. Her love for Dahyun hasn't gone away either. She still continues to text and talk to Dahyun because something is better than nothing... but even single text Jihyo receives from Dahyun hurts; every time she hears Dahyun's voice, it's bittersweet; it's getting harder and harder for Jihyo. Maybe this was the cost for that missing puzzle: a typical yet painful first straight girl crush.