Let's Go

Jessica quickly left Mark's office. When she headed towards her office everyone's eyes followed her. Jessica was so embarrassed. Her heart raced. She was angry, frustrated, and heart broken. She was so upset with herself for yelling at Sam the way she did and causing such a scene. Mark was a tough guy and didn't play around. She understood that and she knew that she shouldn't bring personal issues to work, but her anger took over.

Jessica gathered her things and left for the day. The most painful part was everyone watching her leave for the day.

"You can go home Marci." Jessica says standing over her assistants desk that sat outside of her office.

Marci nods and watches Jessica limp down the aisle of desks.

Jessica stopped for a moment and grunted.

She took both pairs of heels off and chucked them into the closest trash can.

Jessica got onto the elevator. When it closed she immediately started to cry. She feel down to the ground and covered her face.

When the elevator got to the main floor Sam stood in front of the doors waiting for Jessica. He had an extra pair of black heels for Jessica that she left in Sam's office.

Jessica rolled her eyes and walked past Sam as if he wasn't there.

"Jessica, I'm sorry." He says chasing after her.

"Get away from me!" She snaps quickly moving her body away.

Sam stood there in shock staring at her. He examined her body and saw the redness on her face and the tears flowing out of her eyes. He saw that she had lots of her things in her hands.

"Did he fire you?" He says

"No, he cut me from doing the article and sent me home for the weekend. Thanks a lot." Jessica wipes her tears and keeps walking.

"I didn't mean for this to happen, I'll go talk to him."

"He gave it to Heather. It's over Sam."

"That's not fair."

"Yea, I know. Listen I just want to go home. Please leave me alone."

"I fucked up, okay. I'm sorry, Jessica...

I just, I really love you."

Jessica paused for a moment and turned around. She shook her head continuously. She kept saying no to herself.

"No Sam. You can't love me. If you love someone, you don't treat them like this." Jessica says

"But I do."

"I don't love you like that."

"I'm sorry if I ruined our chances of ever being together, I was an ass and I'm sorry. I didn't mean to get you in trouble."

"I'm still deciding if you ruined our chances at a normal friendship. Goodbye Sam." Jessica heads towards the door and leaves.

Sam stood in the middle of the lobby holding one heel in each hand. He hung his body low and let out a sigh.

**

When Jessica got home she just wanted to sleep. Ann and the kids were out. Jessica went straight to her bed and stared at the ceiling. 

For a few moments Jessica thought about calling Sarah, but then she had another idea.

"Jessica?" A soft voice says

"Jason... Hi, are you busy?"

"No, how are you?"

"I'm not good. Can I come over?"

"Of course, is everything okay."

"I just want to see you."

"Okay, do you want me to come to you?"

"No."

"Alright, I'll see you when you get here."
**

"Come in." Jason says opening his apartment door.

Jessica was back in her black dress. Jason looked her up and down as she walked in.

"What's going on? I'm worried."

"I just had a bad day... I've just had a bad few months." Jessica quickly begins to cry. She couldn't stop.

Jason walked up to her and moved her close to his body. Jessica's body was shaky and warm.

"I miss you, Jessica. I'm so-"He whispers

"Let's not talk about that."

Jessica broke away from Jason and looked at him. She placed her hand on his chest and stared into his eyes. Jason ran his hand down her arm.

Jessica quickly moved closer to him and started passionately kissing him. Jason picked up Jessica. She wrapped her legs around his waist as he carried her into the bedroom.

12:30am-

Jessica and Jason laid. The only thing that covered their bodies were the white sheets. Jessica rested her head on top of Jason's chest as he rubbed her back.

"Maybe taking a break from work would be good for you..." Jason says

"But I love it so much."

"You need to do what makes you happy. You don't seem happy."

"I don't know what happy is anymore."

"Let's go on a trip. You and I. Let's go to Europe and travel."

Jessica sat up and looked down at Jason with determination in his eyes.

"No, I can't."

"Come on Jess. You always tell me how you wanted to travel Europe, take pictures, and make a book. This is our chance.

Take a leave of absence and come with me."

"Jason, we aren't even dating. This is the first time I've talked to you in months. And I'm committed to NYC MAG. I mean, it's a job of a lifetime. I can't throw it away. If I go I'm throwing everything away."

"We don't have to be dating. When you are with me I'm so happy. We are happy together. Let's just go. Come on. We have nothing to lose. Rent out the apartment, take a leave, get your camera, pack a bag, and leave with me."

**

Do you think Jessica will go? Do you want her to go? Comment