Snooping

Ever since Jessica's falling out with Sarah, she had been off track a bit. She tried numerous times to get ahold of her, but no answer. Jessica came to the conclusion that she was blocked. It hurt a lot. They were best friends. Jessica meant no harm, but she had to remember it was a tough time for Sarah. Yet, when she thinks that, she thinks about how much harder she probably made it. Jessica knew Sarah wouldn't approve of Evan seeing Aspen, but she welcomed him in anyways. She just wanted to make things better, but Sarah only pushed her away.

//-//

Jessica was in her office at the apartment working from home. She had to catch up on some things and didn't feel like going to the office and being distracted. Danny was at work, so it was just her.

As she tried to work she just couldn't get Sarah off her mind. She worried about how she was, if she was settling in at Minnesota Alright, how the baby was. All these questions swam through her mind. She finally decided to call her sister, hoping she'd have answers.

"Hello, Jane?" Jessica says

"Hey Jess, what's up?"

"Nothing really, just working... you?"

"Cleaning, the usual."

"I have a question..." Jessica cuts her off

She sighs "if it's about Sarah- I don't want to be involved."

"Jane? Not wanting to be involved, Wow." Jessica says sarcastically.

"You know what- Bye."

"Wait! Jane, I'm sorry."

Jane huffs "What's your question?"

"How is she?"

"She's Fine. She has an apartment, she's just fine."

Jessica sighs with relief "I was worried... has she said anything about me."

"Jessica-"

"Jane..."

"She doesn't want to talk to you. That's all she's said. Just give it Time, Alright?"

Jessica closes her eyes "Fine."

"Listen, I have to go, the baby is awake. I'll talk to you later."

Once the phone call was over Jessica slammed her phone onto the desk and clenched her fist. She was so angry with herself, she didn't know what to do.

//-//

November-

"Here's a toast, to my wonderful wife... who is so talented in many ways. Congrats on your new book, baby."

"Cheers!" Everyone exclaims as they clink their glasses.

Danny wraps his arms around Jessica and gives her a kiss.

Just today her new photography book was on the shelves. It was a big deal, she couldn't believe it. Some of Danny and Jessica's friends all got together to celebrate at a bar down the street from their apartment.

"Congrats, Jessica. I'm so proud." Her friend Erin says giving her a tight hug

"Thank you..." Jessica smiles

"The book, the images, just... amazing!" Her co worker heather says

Jessica was so overwhelmed with all the compliments. It made her so happy that so many people loved the book.

"Danny, he's featured in a few." Jessica giggles

"I look pretty amazing in those." He jokes

"Mhm..."